Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, thanks for allowing me to be a member of the forum. I am an old fart that likes handguns. Latest purchase, 5.5" BlackHawk 45 Colt/45ACP combo. My CCW is a LC9.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Howdy old Ruger dude....I am also a senior ....well,on the way....my EDC is a Glock 27.... But I love my SR1911, SR556 and having a ball with my 10/22...mounting a Leupold FX-1 on it presently.....
Almost bought the LC9.....went with the G27 because I had a G23 in 40 cal already.

Sent from my iPad using Ruger Forum

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Hey grandpaw, glad to have ya join us,

Welcome to Rugertalk.

Jim

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Welcome to RT..........

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hey Grandpawj, welcome aboard we need some more old timers to put these youngsters in their place. The real problem is that the youngsters think they are Methusulah!

·
Super Moderator
1,376 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcome. I must say, of all the forums I am a member of, this one has given me the warmest response. BTW Reagan, my bedside comforter is a Gen 4 G22 with the Crimson Trace tac light and Laser Lyte mounted on the rear sight, I also installed a Wolf stainless barrel.

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I must say, of all the forums I am a member of, this one has given me the warmest response. BTW Reagan, my bedside comforter is a Gen 4 G22 with the Crimson Trace tac light and Laser Lyte mounted on the rear sight, I also installed a Wolf stainless barrel.
I hope you stick around and help this forum grow with more fine folks.

·
SR40 / RAP9mm
166 Posts
Welcome to the forums...how do you like the LC9? I went back and forth on it and a Shield (until the Mrs got me a Shield for my birthday this year)....it's a nice piece and is back-up for my SR40.
Gene

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like my LC9 for it's intended purpose. Not my favorite range gun, but it totes nicely. I have a DeSantis pocket holster. So I just drop it in my right front jeans pocket as I am getting ready to go out the door. I equipped it with a Crimson Trace, so when I practice with it at the range it is just point and shoot at 10 to 15 feet. I generally can hold a 4" pattern when shootin' from the hip. Probably couldn't do much better by carefully aiming. (the "old fart wiggle" ya know):D

·
SR40 / RAP9mm
166 Posts
I like my LC9 for it's intended purpose. Not my favorite range gun, but it totes nicely. I have a DeSantis pocket holster. So I just drop it in my right front jeans pocket as I am getting ready to go out the door. I equipped it with a Crimson Trace, so when I practice with it at the range it is just point and shoot at 10 to 15 feet. I generally can hold a 4" pattern when shootin' from the hip. Probably couldn't do much better by carefully aiming. (the "old fart wiggle" ya know):D
Agree, the size of guns we're talking about have their intended purpose and they are great for what they are designed to do.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts