New Toy for Christmas, SS Blackhawk

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by MagBlackhawk, Oct 18, 2017.

1. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Let me be the first to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas y'all.
    Because....
    This year at Christmas I'm going to award myself with a new Blackhawk. :D
    Yep, got permission (and encouragement) from the boss.

My LGS tells me the model I'm after is out of stock from Williams Shooters Supply, the exclusive distributor for the SS 4.62" barrel .357 w/extra 9mm cylinder, model 0310.
    A couple of online sellers I checked have them priced from $614 up to $780 for this model!!!
    The LGS estimates they could sell it for around $700 when or if it becomes available.

These prices seem kinda high to me. Any online firearm sellers you guys know of that might do better?

Attached Files:

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

My LGS has one ........you got a message about it.

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Jerry,

His asking price isn't that bad really. You might save a few bucks by shipping one in from another state but having to go to a FFL dealer and paying his fee and then sales tax might come close to the $700 mark. Just MHO is all. In any case, good luck with it and let us know when you get it and how it shoots.

Tommy

4. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Not any more. I just bought it over the phone. :D Will pick it up ASAP.
    Price plus tax, I figure $605.12 out the door. Works for me...:yahoo:
    Can't thank you enough buster.

Pics soon as I get it.
    Till then, a stock photo....

Attached Files:

5. buster40c

We expect a range and gun review after Christmas. LOL Yeah I bet it will stay in the box that long. Your wife should wrap it up for Christmas.

6. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Dang Mag,

Why do you drag your feet on things...?;)

Congrats on becoming the owner of a bee u tee ful handgun.

Jim

7. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

I jealous Mag! That's a gorgeous gun. Something about that barrel length........

8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

9. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Oh Heck! :gaah:
    Even though I told them the correct model number over the phone (0310) and said the word stainless...
    There was a mix-up..... What they sold-ish me was a blued convertible model #0308. :brickwall:
    Poor guy, I wouldn't even touch that blued Blackhawk.
    No problem, he was happy to fix it by refunding the CC charge and we had a nice afternoon drive.

While searching for this gun, two shops (plus today's) said they couldn't do business with Williams.
    One even asked me to let Williams know they would like to align with them. :dunno:

I'm thinking a call to Ruger, maybe Williams too, might be in order here.......

10. buster40c

Did you ask him if he could order the 0310 and what it would cost?
    I even told the guy it was model 0310. I guess when he saw it was the convertible he just connected it with his blued version without checking the model number.
    What a bummer.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  11. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Yes, he suggested ordering it for me. That would be OK, anybody can have a mix up.
    When I told him it was a Williams only model........ Oh, We can't do business with them, here's a refund.

:usa:

12. buster40c

well maybe your lump of coal in your stocking will be replaced with a Black Hawk by Christmas.

13. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Bummer! You'll find another one somewhere......

14. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

Nice MagnumBlackhawk. I love that barrel length. It's what I chose for my SBH 44 Magnum.

I laid my Christmas present away this weekend as well. The Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in .454 Casull. I had planned on a Marlin 336 XLR or possibly a Ruger GSR, but she whom must be obeyed asked if it was really what I wanted because she had heard me talking to my psuedo SIL about the Bond Arms Snake Charmer. No says I, I want the Alaskan, but I have no real use for it. SWMBO says there is no reason to have a use if it makes me happy, so I put the down payment on it. I actually doubt I will get it out by Christmas, most likely will be my first firearm purchase in 2018.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  15. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

I'm jealous Greg. I've wanted one of those for years. For no particular reason. They're just so expensive....

16. 00b5

00b5 Member

Would you settle for the Model 0320 convertible?
    Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore.
    Free shipping. $699.00

17. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Nah, I have a 6.5" blued. The 4.62" barrel is much faster on the draw... (As if that's important, Lol).
    I've owned a couple with the 4.62" barrel, both were blued, one was a convertible.
    Traded them away for some unknown reason, always wanted another, stainless this time. ;)
    But thanks for the reply 00b5 :tiphat:

Attached Files:

18. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Hey Mag, do you reload 9mm?

19. bigedp51

bigedp51 New Member

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  20. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Hi Big, That weight difference is between stainless and blued versions, not caliber.

If you plan on sticking around, you ought to do the introduction thing - so we have some notion who we're picking on.