Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from the anti-gun state of Washington. I live in south Snohomish County and recently became re-interested in shooting thanks to my neighbor. I own a variety of weapons and living previously in Colorado would shoot frequently. For a small self defense weapon I have always been a Beretta fan. My nephew however who works for Ruger in New Hampshire convinced (threatened) me to try a Ruger so I purchased a stainless LCP. Have not gone to the range as yet, I tend to read as much as I can before purchasing ammo. Some say to take it apart to smooth and polish all relevant surfaces before firing anything, some say don't bother just try different types and makers of ammo or only this maker or only this type or absolutely not that one. Ruger states in their manual not to use +P ammo but I've read many reviews that say +P works just fine. So if any of you experts have any input it would be appreciated before beginning to deplete my grand children's inheritance.:confused:

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Welcome to RT....

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to RugerTalk,

I dont own a LCP,
But I do know, that if its not approved by mfg or stamped on the gun +P, the chamber is not designed for the extra pressures of +P, which is signifcant.

My belief is, that at some point, that gun is gonna fail.

Jim

·
Registered
182 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

For once I have no opinion to offer about that firearm. :D

·
Registered
907 Posts
If the manual says "no", then no +P. If you do use +P, you'll void your warranty.

There are plenty of good regular pressure rounds out there.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Welcome from Texas.

I'm with the others. If not approved by the mfg for +P, then it would not be worth the risk to me.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Welcome from KY.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts