Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an AR-556 a few weeks ago and love it. First Ruger and first AR. Just thought I'd introduce myself and show off the my new toy :)

P.S. I'm actually a glock lover (I know blasphemy) but after shooting this 556 and my brother's new American pistol, seriously considering another Ruger.

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1472792156.172865.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Welcome and thanks for the great intro!
We're happy to have you!
Very nice weapon!!! Really like!!
Jump on in and enjoy!

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Nice guns!

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to Rugertalk,

Aint Rugers great ?:Cooltu:

Jim

·
Registered
25 Posts
Love it! Nice set-up seanyx11

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Welcome to the forum and yes we actually have some Glock lovers here. I don't guess they all won them so they must like them to go and buy one. Like most people that like guns we have all kinds and makes of guns. Just that much more to talk guns.
I really don't know much about AR or AK rifles. What are the benefits or pitfalls of buying one versus the other?
I have heard an AK is totally dependable under all conditions but not as accurate as an AR. I don't even know if they shoot the same ammo or not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@buster40c I figured there would be some glock people in here, being how popular they are (for good reason), just didn't want to step on toes from the jump ;)

As far as AR vs AK, I'm definitely not the person to ask, the AR-556 is my first AR and I'm still learning as I go. I do know one thing though, they are fun as hell to shoot and I'm having a blast tinkering, shooting and learning all I can about my new toy :)

I'm pretty sure AKs use 7.62x39mm ammo, whereas most ARs use 5.56x45mm NATO (or .223 as well). They can be chambered in 7.62 as well though, afaik.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Welcome to the forum and yes we actually have some Glock lovers here. I don't guess they all won them so they must like them to go and buy one. Like most people that like guns we have all kinds and makes of guns. Just that much more to talk guns.
I really don't know much about AR or AK rifles. What are the benefits or pitfalls of buying one versus the other?
I have heard an AK is totally dependable under all conditions but not as accurate as an AR. I don't even know if they shoot the same ammo or not.
They are both rifles, different histories, different calibers. About like a Ruger striker fired handgun and a Glock- both perform the same function, do it slightly differently due to design differences, different calibers, different tastes.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I can't speak for everyone, but you don't have to apologize to me for being a Glock guy. I love many different brands, and see virtues, and negatives, from all of them. I would say that I'm a gun guy, not any particular brand (now- I used to be a Sig guy. Still respect them, but my tastes have varied and broadened).
I also have an AR-556, and love it. Congrats!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts