New to Ruger Talk

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jonesfk, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Jonesfk

Jonesfk New Member

I'm new to the gun world and the 9e is my first handgun. I love the feel, recoil seems mild and I have had no feeding issues in 250 rounds of mixed brass ammo (1/3 were reloads from Freedom Munitions). I haven't tried any steel cased stuff. I'm sure it's more accurate than I am but I am improving. My wife shot it for the first time a couple of weeks ago (her first time shooting a pistol) and she managed very well. I consider it a great deal.

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Hello Jones ,

Welcome to RugerTalk,

Thanks for joining us.

I'm going to shift your first post over to the Introduction sub forum, so the folks here can meet ya.
    maybe tell us a little bit about yourself.

Jim

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016

3. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Welcome to Ruger Talk!

The 9e is right at the top of my list for guns to buy........

4. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

Welcome to the forum!

5. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

6. havasu

havasu In the army now..

Welcome to the forum!

7. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Welcome to the Jones and Mrs. Jones. Glad she enjoyed shooting and you have a good product there. Great people here so you should have no problem jumping in on our conversations. We like all types of guns and pics are great. Thanks for joining!!

Tommy from the land of the sizzling sun-Az

8. Jonesfk

Jonesfk New Member

Thanks for the Welcome

Thanks for all the Welcome notes. I look forward to the future conversations and learning from all the experience here. Only 2 guns purchased, both from Ruger, but I am impressed with their quality so far.

I also recently purchased a Ruger AR556 got it sighted in and have put around 100 rounds through this one. I did have one misfeed, bad Walmart (American Eagle?) 223 round....was not concentric (out of round...lop-sided) and the bolt "almost" put the round fully into chamber. I couldn't open the bolt or close it....jammed pretty tightly. Good range support staff helped me get this round cleared and they showed me the problem with the round. Afterwards, the gun cycled perfectly and I put another 30 rounds through with no problems.

Thanks
    Jones

9. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. It was good the range staff helped you figure the problem out. Yeah I am guessing you will be buying more Rugers along with other brands of guns. It is an addictive hobby that people often have a gun collection before long.

10. Fireman22

Fireman22 Active Member

Welcome Jonesfk.

I am also a new member to the forum who recently bought an AR 556. I bought mine right after Justice Scalia passed and have been enjoying it at the range as often as I can.

11. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the forum, I also have the 9e and find it a fine handgun. Mine seems to prefer the 147 grain bullets, but I will be using the 115 more as the 147 bullet source dried up here.

12. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Welcome from Texas near Houston. :tiphat:
    Sounds like you made a couple of good firearm choices the first time out. Congrats. :Cooltu:

Even though I load my own and don't shoot a lot of factory ammo, seems like I've seen more problems with factory ammo than back in the good old days.
    Possibly (?) it has to do with the ammo makers being in a rush to keep up with the demand. Would hope not but.....possibly.
    These days I load my carry gun with factory ammo. I check that stuff very carefully.

Glad to have you on the forum.
    If you have any questions jump on in and ask. Folks here are always happy to help if they can.

13. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!