Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys. I'm a lover of all firearms and have owned many firearms from many different manufacturers but I just bought my first Ruger.
A SRH Alaskan in .44 magnum.
Which I understand is not potent enough for Grizzlies in Alaska (like it was designed for), but I live in California and we're only concerned about much smaller black bears.

Anyway, I've always admired the design and reliability of Ruger and I'm already planning on my next Ruger purchase...

I have dabbled in various other styles of firearms, but this was also my first revolver, so I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Welcome to one fine forum! This is all family here and we are glad you decided to join us. I hope your stay is very pleasurable!
Tommy

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I don't know about the bear but I sure wouldn't want tickled by a 44 mag.
Ruger warranty and service is second to none. Bang for buck Ruger can't be beat IMO. Ruger name is right up there with Colt and S&W.
For revolver safety check out my thread and watch the video how not to shoot a revolver.
http://www.rugertalk.com/forum/f4/buying-gun-safety-101-a-3819/

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to RugerTalk,

Thanks for joining.

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Your first revolver... this may be the beginning of a love affair. Well, maybe not love, but more than infatuation.

Welcome to the forum. I am a member of several gun forums; Ruger Talk is different somehow. Maybe it's Ruger Connectedness?

;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Welcome glad you joined us...

·
Registered
6 Posts
A Very Late "Welcome"

Welcome to the family. I have a Ruger Vaquero in .357 Magnum. I chose that caliber because I have a lever rifle chambered in the same caliber. I like to carry the same ammo for both guns. I love poking paper, as well as squirrel, pheasant, and quail hunting.

I once shot a squirrel in the head with my .357 Mag. It was a full-house magnum, Fefderal 158 grain J SP. At 15 yards that bullet took the head off, and I never even found it! No wasted meat. :D

Pleasant Shooting!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts