Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My name is JimC from central Florida. I have done a lot of hunting and enjoying with rifles and shotguns. I have recently branched out to pistol shooting. I now own two Rugers: a SR22 and a 22-45 Lite. I also own a S&W 642. I have my CCW but I do not carry. I got it while it was still available. I am a proud supporter of the NRA and happy to support their 2nd amendment protection efforts.

I am working on improving my skills at the range but when it comes to pistol shooting, I am as green as they come.

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

·
Registered
213 Posts
Welcome to the club Jim. Sounds like you got a good quiver to work with. Fundamentals are the same get a good sight picture and good trigger press. The grip definitely plays way more into pistol shooting, it's the equivalent of getting a good cheek and shoulder weld in long guns.

The two 22s if you can find ammo will give you ample ability to practice cheaply. The revolver is going to be great practice too, perfecting a nice double action trigger pull makes shooting single action pistols way more accurate.

I don't have a link to it but there is a target divided into pie slices that will help you figure out any issues you may have accuracy wise, hopefully someone will come along and post it.

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to Rugertalk.

Learn the proper grip , revolver and semi auto pistol grip will be different. Choose your stance that best suits you, then practice ..practice.

Jim

·
Super Moderator
1,378 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
SR40 / RAP9mm
166 Posts
Welcome to the forum, check out some local 'defensive pistol classes' and find yourself a local IDPA (International Defensive Pistol Associaton) club to shoot with, it's a good time!
Gene

·
Registered
251 Posts
Greetings From Richmond/Rosenberg, TX

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey JimC, your intro said central Florida and that's my location also. Lakeland has several ranges, let me know if you are in the area. DaveD

1 - 17 of 17 Posts