Ruger Talk Forums banner

New to online threads. This is my first.

4K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  Ernesto 
#1 ·
Hello all,
Never used a forum before so hope I get it right. I like all guns that perform as they should. Like my father used to say I can never leave well enough alone. Seems like anything can be improved? So I'm all the time fixing something that ain't broke. It started with hot rod cars. Then motorcycles and guns after that. Stayed with fast bikes and guns. I've been a Ruger fan starting in 1976 when I bought my first New Model Blackhawk .357mag. I'm dang near SIXTY ONE but I lie and tell people I'm 47! Sometimes they believe it?
When I was MUCH younger and I came home with yet another gun dad said "If you keep buying guns, you'll have more than you can carry in both arms". He was right. I've been reloading .44mag, .357, 380auto, and 25-06 starting in 1980. 9mm only about a year now. I may have something to offer on loading your own. Will try my dang-est not to knock guns/equipment that's inferior in my opinion.:cryinglaugh:
Glad to be here.

#2 ·
Welcome!
Forums are fantastic tools- they are way to fellowship with people that you would otherwise never cross paths with, and the collective wisdom and experience simply can't be found in other settings. They are also a great way to bring to the table, and take.
I'm new to RugerTalk as well. I am impressed with the quality folks here.

#3 ·
Welcome to RugerTalk,

Thanks for joining,

You picked a good one for the first forum.

As has been said, we just try to help each other here.

Jim

#5 ·
Magnum,
Thank you for joining us in picking your forum. There are great people on here and help is always here when needed. We will probably try to pick your brain when it comes to different subjects. Lot of reloaders here so many of us have questions we may bug you on. Glad you joined and I hope your stay here is long and you are very much welcome to join in at any time on any subject.
Tommy

#9 ·
Welcome to the forum and like others said this is a really good gun forum. Supportive and friendly people here.
Where about are you on the coast of Texas. I am about 25 miles west on HWY 290 from Houston western city limits.

#10 ·
Hi buster40c

Thanks for taking the time to say welcome,
I don't live very close to the coast. Just lets people know the general area. I guess I should call it the S.E.Texas gulf coast.
I'm about 25 miles south of Houston. We're nearly neighbors.
Thanks again.

#11 ·
Welcome to the family! We're happy to have you! :)
You can NEVER have enough guns, ammo or reloading equipment! [emoji16]
If you have any problems just let one of us Moderators know. We're always here for you. :) Biggest thing is read the rules. There are certain rules on certain threads. Example is the Classified section. Follow the rules and your golden. :) The goal is to keep it fair for all.
Jump on in and have fun!!

#12 ·
Thanks DoubleR, I already feel like family.
After reading the rules I have a question about bumping. When I reply to all the welcomes,(thanks again guys) is that a bump when I post a reply? Sorry if that's a silly question but like I said I'm brand new at this. If there's a better way to respond please let me know and I'm all over it.
Thanks again.

#14 ·
Thanks DoubleR, I already feel like family.
After reading the rules I have a question about bumping. When I reply to all the welcomes,(thanks again guys) is that a bump when I post a reply? Sorry if that's a silly question but like I said I'm brand new at this. If there's a better way to respond please let me know and I'm all over it.
Thanks again.
No a "bump" is when the thread's been sitting idle a few days and the one that started the thread posts "bump" or something intentional just to bring it back to the top of the listing so people will be more likely to see it.

#20 ·
cracked hunting?

squirrelhunter
Thanks for welcoming me into the forum.
And phideaux, squirrelhunter looks like a normal guy where I come from?
After a day of hunting, a dear departed friend of mine liked to carry a squirrels pelt w/head (cupped in hand) to show our "city folk" friends his new pet. Then tell em if they moved slowly it would let them pet it.:eek:
We got some laughs out of that! Seemed normal to us in our youth.
Now that's cracked.

#25 ·
Well I think I completed the 90 day probationary period in good standing. :tiphat:
------------------------ I hope I passed the audition.------------------------

Tommy said I would be contacted if I made it............... No word yet! Hmmm? Were you pulling my leg Tommy? :waving:
Kidding, Y'all don't have that here........... Do you?

#26 ·
Let me just say this...

I f we had a "leg pulling contest"..
Tommy would win , hands down.,:D

I for one , am glad you have stuck it out..:)

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.