New (to me) P95

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by Benny_260, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Benny_260

Benny_260 New Member

Hello all. This is my first post on here. I have been a long time Ruger fan. The first gun I ever fired was a mk 2. I currently own a mk 1, a mk 3 22/45 threaded barrel, and just picked up a p95DC last week. The p95 was very gently used (had to peel the factory stickers off the frame and one of the mags) originally bought in 1999. Shoots like a dream. I carry it and I think it conceals well. The only problem I had was the right side magazine release would catch on my waistband and drop the mag when drawing from the iwb holster. I carefully grinded down the button with a dremel and that solved the problem. Im right handed and I didnt need it anyway. Did anyone else ever have that happen? I hated to do it, but I dont want to drop a mag if I need to use it. Does anyone else carry a P95, and if so how do you like it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Ruger Forum mobile app

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  2. TXWheelgunner

TXWheelgunner Aim small Miss small

As a rule modify your clothing belt or holster before you modify your gun. What will you do if you are injured & have to use your off hand?

3. Benny_260

Benny_260 New Member

The release is still easily useable with a left finger.

4. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. Good pistola ya got. The P series guns have all been good for me. I never carried one except in the field on a hip/belt holster. I have the KP89, 9 mil and KP 90, .45. No problems with dropping the mags, but I never carried them concealed. your mod sounds like a good one.

5. jbardellini

jbardellini Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the forum.

6. RugerLife13

RugerLife13 New Member

I bought my first gun a p95 blued. I am abosolutly in love with it! Shoots awesome feels perfect for my hand.. After the hougue grip. I carry the gun everyday it has become my baby haha!

7. CLF

CLF Hunter, CAS/SASS

Very good mod.I did have the same problem and got a different holster which fixed the problem for me. As far as modifying the gun, I modify my guns to fit me and my personality. Any part I modify can be replaced, like the mag release you modified, ie no damage done!!!

Foot of Lead

8. GoesBang

GoesBang Member

I finally picked up my P95 today. Turns out it is the PR variant.

Attached Files:

9. GoesBang

GoesBang Member

So the front sight dot is missing on this pistol. I called Ruger CS and they are sending me a new front sight. It's a four year old gun and they are still taking care of it. Sweet!