Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought Ruger 9E yesterday- 17 round stackable- have not made it to the range yet. Can't wait!

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to RugerTalk,

Thanks for joining us.

Jim

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Welcome to the forum and let us know how the range trip goes.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Bob! Have fun and jump on in!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WELCOME Bob, I am new here as well! Had my 9E since last year! Love it but it HATES PERFECTA ammo lol ,Had a few FTE but shoots real nice,, Just snagged a 2 pack of 17 round mags 40$ NEW at my LGS
FYI Get the MAGULA Mag loader your fingers will thankyou :)
http://www.maglula.com/product/uplula-9mm-to-45acp/ Also look into Talon Grip Tape
http://talongungrips.com/grips/ruger/sr9.html
I have a quick loader and 2 double stack 17 round mags on order from ruger. Had the 20% off code when I registered. Price was about $64.00 and change so I paid a little more than you. You are right about the quick loader- 17 rounds into a new mag was brutal on the finger tips. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to the forum from Tucson, Az. Best state for gun rites.;)
Thanks for the welcome--ex marine- worked as 6316 jet mech in check crew on A4's in Viet Nam. arrived in Chu Lai Dec 1966 --left for state side and REL From Active Duty 6 months early in June 1969.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome to the forum and let us know how the range trip goes.
Lots of rain coming the next few days here in Houston, Tx--wife freaks out when it rains too much so it will be a few days before I get to the range. But when I do I'll post my experience with the 9E.

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Welcome from just south of you. :tiphat:
The news always pumps up the threat of weather. Sometimes they know what they're talking about.
Most of the time the news guy stands in a ditch saying "see how high the water is". :cheesy:
:welcome:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
3-13. Finally made it to Gun range. Had 2 ftl's then remembered reading in the Ruger forum about tapping the double stacked mags. Worked like a champ afterwards--just remember to tap the mag so as the rounds are as close to the entrance ramp as possible!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts