New Stainless LCP

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by casey97, Mar 10, 2014.

1. casey97

casey97 New Member

I bought a new stainless Elsie Pea. Tool it on first outing Saturday. 50 for 50 on Winchester White Box and 20 for 20 on some random hollow points. The sight difference between this and my old LCP is considerable. Had to completely adjust how I shot by covering the target with the front sight. The stainless, while heavier, does not take up as much recoil as expected. Accuracy increased quickly with the last magazine going 6 shots within 6 inches from 5 yards.
    My question is have others had to adjust their sight picture?

Maybe another 100 rounds through it and it will be ready to carry. Should be just in time for Louisiana shorts season (late March). I know some may feel that is a bunch of rounds wasted, but unless it is a Glock I must not only ensure the gun works flawlessly, I must ensure I shoot it confidently. I don't worry as much on Glocks because they are consistent out of the box and I am fairly comfortable with my accuracy, magazine swaps, and target acquisition with every model and caliber of Glock I have picked up. I will still carry my 27 most of the time, but in the near future it may get some well deserved vacation time.

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to Rugertalk, Casey.

Congrats on the new Ruger.

Let me encourage you to stop over at "Introductions", and tell all of us a little about yourself.

Thanks

Jim

3. casey97

casey97 New Member

Many types of hollow points through both my Glock 19 and 27 (9mm and 40) but steel and paper doesn't inform me about ballistics. Since the 380 round is smaller/slower than the other calibers I carry, I would really like to maximize the round I carry in the LCP.

4. robhic

robhic Curmudgeon

Let me ask because this is first I'm hearing of it: is Ruger offering the LCP in an all SS version? I have the older model (bought used last year) and I (kinda) like it.

I like its small size that lends itself to so many options for carry concealment and/or hiding in other places. I do NOT like the recoil even with a Hogue grip on it to enlarge it. But I carry on ...

So is this new SS model different in some way (sights?) from the older models? I'd be curious. One thing I thought I'd mention.

It is said to NOT use +P ammo in the LCP. I guess the new SS model is the same? Anyway, I thought a little bit would be OK, but I guess I pushed it just a bit too far. I broke the head of the take down pin off :eek: and had to take it to a gunsmith to remove the remnant of the shaft from the gun. Cost me only $20 but still ....

5. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Congrats on the LCP..........awesome guns...

6. casey97

casey97 New Member

Put another 50 flawless rounds through the new LCP. Makes it 120 for 120.

7. casey97

casey97 New Member

Now 170 out of 170. Latest 50 was Tulammo. Rapid fired the last mag. At the end I noticed the take down pin was half out. Gonna have to watch that.

8. bikeride4fun

Great report......the LCP's are tuff guns...

9. Redleg

Redleg New Member

I will not shoot Tulammo out of any of my guns under any circumstances...:hammer:

10. bikeride4fun

I agree.....that ammo is tuff on guns....I really don't care for ammo with steel cases....:(