Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a SR9c this morning. I've been wanting one for a while to use as both a range and carry piece. But with changing laws here in Connecticut decided I better not wait any longer. Local gun shop had a couple in stock so I decided to pick it up while I still can and be able to get the 17 rd magazine too.
CT is voting on 10 rd max magazines tomorrow I believe. I don't agree with a lot of the new laws their talking about and not sure what's going to pass, but that's a different thread. :mad:
For now I need to get to the range and fire a few rounds thru the new Ruger. :D
It's probably going to replace my S&W M&P 9c, but we'll just have to wait and see, maybe I'll keep both.

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Congrats on the SR9C.....awesome gun. Let us know what you think of it at the range....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congrats on the SR9c nice gun. I'm very pleased with mine. Your just one step better in Connecticut then we are here in New York with Cuomos Safe Act. We're allowed 10 round magazines but its a misdemeanor to load them with more than seven. The SR9c shoots well and carry just the same.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I made it to the range yesterday. And loved it. It shoot very well comfortable in the hand. I was able to shoot nice groups with some federal ammo. Not so with the Winchester white box. Still not bad , at least for me, I still consider myself a rookie.
But a noticeable difference in the two ammos accuracy.

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Sounds great....9mm ammo in my area is so hard to find. I have been shooting my 40 just cause there is plenty of 40 ammo out there....

·
Registered
251 Posts
Congrats on the SR9C. Bought my SR40c last Nov. My biggest complaint about the SR40C, the carry magazine only holds 9 (Wish they stuffed one more round into it) But the extended Magazine of 15 for the .40 is fine with me. Just a personal note. I will cc with the smaller mag 9+1. and if needed I will use the extended magazine without the base extender. (I have been practicing without it, and I am fine when shooting)

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
I also have a SR40C...I have always loved my SR9.....but the more I keep shooting the 40 with the compact slide the more I like it.....

·
Super Moderator
1,376 Posts
Congrats on your new gun. Hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hearty congrats on the SR9c - a terrific pistol! I'd like to strongly recommend that you tear it down far enough to clean out the striker channel. I found all sorts of gunk and copper-colored shavings in mine.

Enjoy the pistol......best trigger of any striker-fired polymer frame gun I've ever handled.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had mine for a short while, enough to get 350 rounds out of it. I really enjoy shooting it when I get the chance. Now I am looking for a concealed carry holster for it. Seems most won't list what guns will fit. Would the SR9c be considered a medium frame gun? :confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts