New sr9c

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by Rking1550, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Rking1550

Rking1550 New Member

Just picked up a SR9c this morning. I've been wanting one for a while to use as both a range and carry piece. But with changing laws here in Connecticut decided I better not wait any longer. Local gun shop had a couple in stock so I decided to pick it up while I still can and be able to get the 17 rd magazine too.
    CT is voting on 10 rd max magazines tomorrow I believe. I don't agree with a lot of the new laws their talking about and not sure what's going to pass, but that's a different thread. :mad:
    For now I need to get to the range and fire a few rounds thru the new Ruger. :D
    It's probably going to replace my S&W M&P 9c, but we'll just have to wait and see, maybe I'll keep both.

2. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Congrats on the SR9C.....awesome gun. Let us know what you think of it at the range....

3. str8shooter45

str8shooter45 New Member

Congrats on the SR9c nice gun. I'm very pleased with mine. Your just one step better in Connecticut then we are here in New York with Cuomos Safe Act. We're allowed 10 round magazines but its a misdemeanor to load them with more than seven. The SR9c shoots well and carry just the same.

4. Rking1550

Rking1550 New Member

Well I made it to the range yesterday. And loved it. It shoot very well comfortable in the hand. I was able to shoot nice groups with some federal ammo. Not so with the Winchester white box. Still not bad , at least for me, I still consider myself a rookie.
    But a noticeable difference in the two ammos accuracy.

5. bikeride4fun

Sounds great....9mm ammo in my area is so hard to find. I have been shooting my 40 just cause there is plenty of 40 ammo out there....

6. kde71450

kde71450 New Member

Congrats on the SR9C. Bought my SR40c last Nov. My biggest complaint about the SR40C, the carry magazine only holds 9 (Wish they stuffed one more round into it) But the extended Magazine of 15 for the .40 is fine with me. Just a personal note. I will cc with the smaller mag 9+1. and if needed I will use the extended magazine without the base extender. (I have been practicing without it, and I am fine when shooting)

7. bikeride4fun

I also have a SR40C...I have always loved my SR9.....but the more I keep shooting the 40 with the compact slide the more I like it.....

8. repair

repair New Member

Great gun I also have a 9c easy to break down to clean and can be concield very easy.

9. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

Congrats on the 9c. Sorry to hear you live in a Libtard state. That sucks.

10. jbardellini

jbardellini Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Congrats on your new gun. Hope you enjoy it.

11. SmokingGun

SmokingGun New Member

Hearty congrats on the SR9c - a terrific pistol! I'd like to strongly recommend that you tear it down far enough to clean out the striker channel. I found all sorts of gunk and copper-colored shavings in mine.

Enjoy the pistol......best trigger of any striker-fired polymer frame gun I've ever handled.

12. TXRuger

TXRuger New Member

Congrats on the SR9c! I love mine, too.

13. Old_Sparky

Old_Sparky New Member

I have had mine for a short while, enough to get 350 rounds out of it. I really enjoy shooting it when I get the chance. Now I am looking for a concealed carry holster for it. Seems most won't list what guns will fit. Would the SR9c be considered a medium frame gun? :confused:

14. falconbobb

falconbobb New Member

just got one friday. love rhe look and feel