New sr46

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by waltersolbchalk, Mar 2, 2014.

1. waltersolbchalk

waltersolbchalk New Member

I picked up a new sr45 two weeks ago after the waiting period was up. Took it to the range and shot 100 rounds of Winchester white box and 30 rounds of American eagle. Had about 12 FTF and about 6 FTE. Started looking online about it and saw others with the same issue and all advice I could see said to contact ruger so I did. Sent it off last Tuesday and am waiting impatiently for its return. The gun ( when it worked correctly) was great to shoot. Hopefully it comes back to me better than new.

**** it dude let's go bowling

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  2. 1turkeyhunter

1turkeyhunter New Member

Attached Files:

3. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

I'm holding out for the 47.

4. waltersolbchalk

Yeah yeah yeah typo sorry

5. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Sorry that you had problems with your new SR45, let us know what Ruger felt the problem was.....

6. waltersolbchalk

It's on its way back should be here Wednesday but won't get a chance to go to the range till Friday. I will post what they did.

7. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

Well, keep us posted. I've heard the SR45s are rather hit-or-miss, reliability wise. It sounds like the 45 is the Taurus of the Ruger SR lineup.

8. waltersolbchalk

Got to the range no FTE or FTF but slide won't lock open with empty mag sent a email about it to ruger waiting for a reply. Other than that gun worked great sights might need some adjustment but I did put 5 rounds in a nice little 1.5 inch circle

9. waltersolbchalk

Ruger replaced the extractor, 2 mags , mag release button , mag release spring , mag release latch and the slide lock mech.