New SR45

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by cjs1945, Mar 15, 2013.

1. cjs1945

cjs1945 Member

The LGS called Wednesday and said my SR45 came in, i picked it up yesterday and hope to get to the range with it sometime next week. The test fire date was 2-28-13 and it was ordered about a month ago. It is a vary nice looking pistol, fit and finish are perfect and it is close enough in size and weight to the SR40 that you have to look close to tell the difference. It is 3/8 in. longer and 1/2 in. higher and mags are about same except the 45 has a thicker base plate and top is shaped different, but both pistols fit the same holsters.

2. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

The SR45 looks like a great gun....give us a review after you shoot it....

3. jrc

jrc New Member

Pics would be outstanding!

4. str8shooter45

str8shooter45 New Member

I'm a newbie here,but a ruger fan for quite a while. I picked up my SR45 last week. I've had it to the range and put 100 rounds through it. Only one malfuntion a stovepipe, I think I may have caused that (limp wrist). All in all a sweet shooting gun. Recoil is pretty mild for a 45. Trigger is very good. Accuracy was good but I know it will get better with practice. I'm sure your going to enjoy your. I do mine.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  5. bikeride4fun

Great looking gun.....

6. RUT

RUT New Member

Picked mine up last week, and promptly reversed the backstrap to the "flush" mode. Works much better for me. I also installed a Talon grip on it yesterday (rubber version) and it makes a huge difference in the overall feel of it.

[​IMG]

7. Heater

Heater New Member

Nice looking grip texture.

8. bikeride4fun

Yeah the grips looks great.....nice touch.....

9. LCR-lover

LCR-lover Member

Got the SR9c and the SR40c I probably ought to get the SR45!!