Ruger Talk Forums banner

New SR45 mag drop issue

6K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  jjones45 
#1 ·
I have a new SR45 I picked up yesterday. Went to the range this morning and the 1st 5 rounds the mag drop on each round. Changed mags shot 4 more rounds and the mag dropped on each one of those as well. Went back to my LGS and they said they will call Ruger in the morning and see if that have heard of this issue and also request Ruger send 2 new mags. I hope this is it, I really liked the fell of this gun I picked it over a Glock 21 because the SR45 just felt better in the hand. Right now I'm kinda regretting not getting the G21.

Has anyone had this issue?

Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

#2 ·
I wish I had a SR45,
Hate your having a problem.

Welcome to Rugertalk forum.
Let me encourage you to check in at Introductions and introduce yourself to the folks.

Thanks

Jim

#8 ·
Ruger will fix this easily. my SR40 developed this issue (occasional mag drop with heavy bullets) and I fixed it. called and ordered all the parts and replaced them. this was after somewhere around 5000 rounds. my other three SRs have been flawless including the SR45. sorry you are having a problem but I have faith in the company and the SR series of weapons. in the long run I think you will be taken care of and satisfied. send it back or have it sent back.

#9 ·
mags dropping from my sr45 also.

My new sr45 is dropping the mags on every round I fire on either mag. At first I thought that I might be accidentally hitting the the mag. release but after careful observation that is not the problem. I called ruger today and after I told him my problem he sounded like he is very familiar with it, he e- mailed me a shipping sticker and it is going out tomorrow on overnight -air. I also had some problems with light primer strikes and informed them about that in my note that I included with the gun.
Ruger has good service so I am confident that will come back better than new, I hope the turn around time is not too long.
I got this gun from Buds just before I had my back surgery and after 12 weeks of recoup this was the first time of going to the range, pretty disappointing but I had my faithful SR1911 there and i ran like a champ.

#10 ·
I sometimes wonder if the magazine disconnect has something to do with the malfunctions of these guns, light strikes especially. I took my magazine disconnect out when I got mine home just because none of my other guns have this feature and I don't like it. Its very simple and literally took me like 3 mins. I have a total of 300 rounds through mine now and only had one failure to feed on the last round of the first magazine I put through this gun. Strikes are pretty good as the primers have nice deep strikes. I mean this gun is accurate as any polymer 45. This is my very first target I shot out of mine with the flyer being from holster and not being very familiar with the sr line of triggers. The next 10 shots were to the body area as I was learning the trigger. My second mag I went to the head area and after the first three shots I really wanted to concentrate on my aim and the end result was 7 shots basically through the same hole. I hear nothing but great things about ruger cs so I'm sure you will love your gun when it comes back as I love mine Art Red Gas Circle Font

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.