Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I picked up my new Ruger SR45 today, and went by the range after work. I put 160 rounds through it. I did not clean the gun at all before taking it to the range. No time.

Well, the gun performed pretty much flawlessly. Not one single misfire, FTE, FTF, or anything like that. I did have one round eject straight back; not sure what was up with that, but that was an anomaly.The slide locked back when empty every time and I had not one single light strike.

The gun was also very accurate. Windage was right on, while I needed to raise the POI about 2 inches at 12 yards. Easy to do on this pistol.

Got the gun home, and it was as filthy as a dirt road, but of course she cleaned right up. I removed the striker, cleaned the striker channel, etc. as well, so the gun is now ready for the range again!

With there having been a couple of negative experiences posted about the SR45, I thought that it might be appropriate to post this positive one. My copy, at least, appears to be completely trustworthy and accurate.

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Congrats....Good looking gun.....glad to hear that it preforms well........:)

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Congrats, nice grab there,

I know thta you will like it.

Good report also.

Jim

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats! You got an SR45 that doesn't suck! ;)
As a matter of fact, I did. :cool: Most of them do not suck. Apparently now and then one needs to go back to Ruger. I did that once with a new SR40c. Ruger had it back to me in a week and it was and is perfect.

·
Registered
907 Posts
As a matter of fact, I did. :cool: Most of them do not suck. Apparently now and then one needs to go back to Ruger. I did that once with a new SR40c. Ruger had it back to me in a week and it was and is perfect.
Take it easy, Red. I was just poking fun. I see more "trouble with my SR45" threads than with other Ruger models. Something is obviously wrong with the QC on that model. You got a good one. Congrats, you won the SR45 lottery.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nothing to "take easy" here. No doubt that some of the SR45s have had some kind of QC issue; hence the title of this thread I originated "...just lucky I guess."

There were a lot of posts about SR9 problems when that pistol first came out too. You don't see them much anymore.

The SR45 is about to become unavailable in California so it was now or never. Otherwise I might have waited awhile.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Nothing to "take easy" here. No doubt that some of the SR45s have had some kind of QC issue; hence the title of this thread I originated "...just lucky I guess."

There were a lot of posts about SR9 problems when that pistol first came out too. You don't see them much anymore.

The SR45 is about to become unavailable in California so it was now or never. Otherwise I might have waited awhile.
What's CA picked out to make it unavailable? Mag capacity?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To expand on what JohnnyBGood said, as a result of anti-gun California policies, almost all S&W and Ruger semi-auto pistols will become unavailable in California as new guns by the end of 2014. There is litigation pending to address this whole situation that I think will resolve the matter in favor of the Second Amendment.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm in ca as well and I just got a sr45 less than a month ago. Mine is one of the trouble ones unfortunately. It's going back to ruger for the second time now for slide lock not working.
I got some hints about how to fix it but I'm not ready to take it all the way apart and try it myself.
Seems the lock spring is too strong for the mag springs and will not push lock up when empty. A little bummed but the FTE and FTF issues were resolved on the first trip hopefully they don't reappear.
Ruger has been excellent about it but I wish I got one of the good ones right off the bat but that's the way it goes.
Seems like all the sr series are having issues but I know you will always hear the people with trouble more than the people without them so it's good to see a good review of one.

**** it dude let's go bowling

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm in ca as well and I just got a sr45 less than a month ago. Mine is one of the trouble ones unfortunately. It's going back to ruger for the second time now for slide lock not working.
I got some hints about how to fix it but I'm not ready to take it all the way apart and try it myself.
Sending it in is always a minor bummer, but Ruger will square it away and get it back to you quickly. I put another 150 rounds through mine on Monday evening and it shot great. Had one FTE (not sure what was up with that) but I was able to quickly cycle the slide and continue shooting. I am pretty happy with the SR45 and I suspect that once you get yours tuned up you will be too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts