New SR1911 model?

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by hodge, Aug 5, 2015.

1. hodge

hodge New Member

I have had a busy summer (youth ministry), plus my laptop died. So, I've been away from the forum for a bit. I have gotten to run my 1911 Commander a good bit, and I absolutely love it.

A close friend of mine works at my favorite LGS, which is very convenient- I get to visit him, and hang out at a great shop (Dominion Outdoors in Fishersville, VA). While visiting today, he pulled out a nitron finish, 5 inch Ruger 1911 with night sights, polymer grips, and it felt like it was all stainless. We compared it to the satin stainless 5", and they feel the same in weight. I came home and tried to look it up, but it isn't on Ruger's site, or showing as a distributor exclusive. Anybody able to clue me in on what it is?
    Here is the link to it-
    http://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...-pistols/ruger-sr1911-nw.cfm?gun_id=100585199

Upon further searching, it is the Night Watchman. Anybody got one?

2. hodge

hodge New Member

Ok- I should have done a search before posting. I found some posts from back in March.
    It is a great looking gun, although I am more inclined towards natural stainless than I am black. Good thing my pockets were light today...

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Nothing wrong with the lightweight Commander. It was the last one I bought. I also have the standard Commander and the full size SR1911 which I keep in my bedroom for night invasion along with 5 magazines. I will tell you, once you get used to the lightweight, it's hard the carry the standard Commander. You wouldn't think another 8 or so ounces would make that much of a difference, but when you carry all day, you are glad you have the lightweight. Just MHO!
    Tommy