Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new SR 22 last night. My wife is afraid of guns and this one looked like the one to start her with. I hope she likes it, I have been looking at an Alaskan .44 mag that I thought she might like. I hope so, or else I would have to shoot it. What a shame that would be.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
I bought a new SR 22 last night. My wife is afraid of guns and this one looked like the one to start her with. I hope she likes it, I have been looking at an Alaskan .44 mag that I thought she might like. I hope so, or else I would have to shoot it. What a shame that would be.
Hey, you got a plan going there, um probably. As long as nobody whispers in her ear that she can shoot 44 SPC in the Alaskan. Watch out for Tommy.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I think we know what will happen with her with the SR 22 or the Alaskan 44 mag. Start her with the 44 and she probably will never want to touch another gun. Don't stand right behind her if she shoots the 44 or you just might get to see the sights alignment up real close.
The SR 22 is a good small semi auto with minimal recoil and that's cheap to shoot also.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
^that's a good looking gun!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
range test

I am hoping to go Saturday. If her target looks better than mine, I will post that picture as mine. Or I could do a 10 ft shot and call it 50 yards. You reckon that happens much ?

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I just draw circles around my best shooting pattern.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
I am hoping to go Saturday. If her target looks better than mine, I will post that picture as mine. Or I could do a 10 ft shot and call it 50 yards. You reckon that happens much ?
I am going to pull a Savage deal on you, "if you don't have pics, it didn't happen" or so he says. I think that boy is from Missouri "the Show Me" state. But he can post anything cuz he is a teckie and knows how to do all that stuff. I have a flip cell phone and don't know how to text. I am going to have my wife take a pic of me trying to text and tell him that I am a neophyte teckie. Let him chew on that!

Tommy

BTW- nice looking pistol!

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I am going to pull a Savage deal on you, "if you don't have pics, it didn't happen" or so he says. I think that boy is from Missouri "the Show Me" state. But he can post anything cuz he is a teckie and knows how to do all that stuff. I have a flip cell phone and don't know how to text. I am going to have my wife take a pic of me trying to text and tell him that I am a neophyte teckie. Let him chew on that!

Tommy

BTW- nice looking pistol!

LOL!

I actually grew up in California although I do have family in Missouri.

I can normally figure stuff out as far as technology goes, but this forum has limited capabilities when operating from an iPhone, which is what I use. And the format is VERY different on a computer. I get lost when I log onto the forum on a computer! That's also why you'll see I have zero ' likes given'. There's no way to like posts when on mobil!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Took the new gun to the range today. The sights must have been set at the factory by a one-eyed midget. After adjustment it did pretty good. 10 yards got about a quarter size group. 50 shots had 1 failure to fire and 1 failure to feed. Used eley 22 target competion. 40 grain. went out last night with 20 rounds of Armscor just to test fire, pulled them off as fast as I could with no problems. Go figure. I do like the gun for plinking.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Took the new gun to the range today. The sights must have been set at the factory by a one-eyed midget. After adjustment it did pretty good. 10 yards got about a quarter size group. 50 shots had 1 failure to fire and 1 failure to feed. Used eley 22 target competion. 40 grain. went out last night with 20 rounds of Armscor just to test fire, pulled them off as fast as I could with no problems. Go figure. I do like the gun for plinking.
Sounds reasonable. Are the Eleys standard velocity?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts