New SR 22

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by lovetoshoot, Nov 21, 2016.

1. lovetoshoot

lovetoshoot New Member

I bought a new SR 22 last night. My wife is afraid of guns and this one looked like the one to start her with. I hope she likes it, I have been looking at an Alaskan .44 mag that I thought she might like. I hope so, or else I would have to shoot it. What a shame that would be.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Congrats on the new Ruger SR22...enjoy !!

3. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Hey, you got a plan going there, um probably. As long as nobody whispers in her ear that she can shoot 44 SPC in the Alaskan. Watch out for Tommy.

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I think we know what will happen with her with the SR 22 or the Alaskan 44 mag. Start her with the 44 and she probably will never want to touch another gun. Don't stand right behind her if she shoots the 44 or you just might get to see the sights alignment up real close.
    The SR 22 is a good small semi auto with minimal recoil and that's cheap to shoot also.

5. lovetoshoot

lovetoshoot New Member

Picture of sr22

picture of wife's new gun.

Attached Files:

• sr22.bmp
      File size:
      306.7 KB
      Views:
  6. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

^that's a good looking gun!

7. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I hope you will relay your wife's range test. I'm beginning to think I really, really need an SR-22. Right now the only 22 handgun I have is the Single Six.

:p

8. lovetoshoot

lovetoshoot New Member

range test

I am hoping to go Saturday. If her target looks better than mine, I will post that picture as mine. Or I could do a 10 ft shot and call it 50 yards. You reckon that happens much ?

9. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I just draw circles around my best shooting pattern.

10. DC99

DC99 New Member

Congrats on the 22, love mine too

11. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I am going to pull a Savage deal on you, "if you don't have pics, it didn't happen" or so he says. I think that boy is from Missouri "the Show Me" state. But he can post anything cuz he is a teckie and knows how to do all that stuff. I have a flip cell phone and don't know how to text. I am going to have my wife take a pic of me trying to text and tell him that I am a neophyte teckie. Let him chew on that!

Tommy

BTW- nice looking pistol!

12. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

LOL!

I actually grew up in California although I do have family in Missouri.

I can normally figure stuff out as far as technology goes, but this forum has limited capabilities when operating from an iPhone, which is what I use. And the format is VERY different on a computer. I get lost when I log onto the forum on a computer! That's also why you'll see I have zero ' likes given'. There's no way to like posts when on mobil!

13. lovetoshoot

lovetoshoot New Member

Took the new gun to the range today. The sights must have been set at the factory by a one-eyed midget. After adjustment it did pretty good. 10 yards got about a quarter size group. 50 shots had 1 failure to fire and 1 failure to feed. Used eley 22 target competion. 40 grain. went out last night with 20 rounds of Armscor just to test fire, pulled them off as fast as I could with no problems. Go figure. I do like the gun for plinking.

14. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Sounds reasonable. Are the Eleys standard velocity?

15. lovetoshoot

lovetoshoot New Member

could not find the velocity on the box, but it is the loudest 22 I ever shot.