Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2manyhotrods
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a lot of persuading over a 3 year period by my cousin Vinny, I decided to finally go for my license to carry.
Massachusetts is challenging to get one of those at this time and I've learned that some towns will put you off indefinitely if the police chief so decides.
I had to revisit the process 3 times in 4 months but finally got me LTC.
I am a total newbe to firearms as I've only shot pellet gun and rifles in the past.
I am very short on firearms knowledge but long on the desire to learn proper firearms handling.
I presently am waiting for my cousin to take me to his gun range and tryout my pair of new RUGER Match Champions.
I purchased a new SP101, 4", and also bought a new GP100, 6" barrel.
I'm anxious to pour some .38 spl thru them and eventually work up to the .357 shells.
I'm very open to your advice and tips on this new ride for me.
Jimmy G.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Hey Jimmy,
I moved your introduction to your own thread, so more people will get to see it, and welcome you to the forum.

Welcome to RugerTalk.

You sure picked up up some good starters , that's for sure.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Welcome to the forum and check out the post buying a new gun safety 101. Read your gun manuals thoroughly before even going to the range your first time. Safety needs be your number one consideration before firing the gun the first time.

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Welcome from the South East Texas Gulf Coast.
We're always glad to have new shooters joining in on the sport. You picked some good guns in a very good caliber to start with.

Here are the Four Rules of Gun Safety: (In case you haven't seen them yet).
1) All guns are loaded at all times.
2) Never point a gun at something you do not want to destroy.
3) Do not put your finger on the trigger till it's time to shoot.
4) Be sure of your target and what's behind it.
Of course there are more but if a person follows these four at all times you can't help but be safe.

BTW, There is a car pic thread in the off topic section that could use a jump start. Hint, Hint. :D

·
2manyhotrods
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone.
I'm very anxous to pick up good tips and needed advice in the proper handling of firearms.
Also i've just purchased this week a new RUGER AR556.
haven't fired it yet but anxously looking forward to it.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Welcome to RT from the frozen midwest. Feel free to ask questions. We're pretty laid back here, and nobody gets on anybodys case for asking questions.

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Welcome from Tucson, Az Remember the only stupid question is the one not asked. Nobody can help a person unless they want to be helped. So ask away:D

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Welcome and hope you enjoy our forum. Great bunch of guys and gals in here. Me and the Oldhand are 2 old codgers from the land of the sizzling sun of Az so we are out of the metropolis area. Outside of Az is Gothom City so we don't know much but what we know, we will gladly share with you if we can. Glad you are on board.

Tommy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts