Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone, I'm a noob to these fora, but a long time shooter.

I acquired a very lightly used 10/22 with a new-in-bubblepack Bushnell rimfire scope. Ordered a Monstrum see-through ring kit for the mount, and just now finished setting it up. When I finished, I pulled on the charge handle, and it could only come back a small fraction of an inch. Before I started, I pulled on the handle and it cycled normally.

I snugged the screws tightly, and used the provided washers under the screwheads, vs between the receiver and rings. Could one or more of the screws extended down far enough to interfere with the mechanism?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Easy enough to find our. Back the screws out a ways and try the handle again. I bet you have identified the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Easy enough to find our. Back the screws out a ways and try the handle again. I bet you have identified the problem.
I was hoping someone would come along and say the holes don't go all the way through. Scopes are a lot of fussing to set up.

I took off a Picatinny rail to put on the Monstrum rings, I think the rail's screws are a bit shorter, so I'll try those as replacements. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Greetings everyone, I'm a noob to these fora, but a long time shooter.

I acquired a very lightly used 10/22 with a new-in-bubblepack Bushnell rimfire scope. Ordered a Monstrum see-through ring kit for the mount, and just now finished setting it up. When I finished, I pulled on the charge handle, and it could only come back a small fraction of an inch. Before I started, I pulled on the handle and it cycled normally.

I snugged the screws tightly, and used the provided washers under the screwheads, vs between the receiver and rings. Could one or more of the screws extended down far enough to interfere with the mechanism?
I am thinking so back out the screws a few turns and cycle the bolt . If the bolt cycles that's the problem screws are too long.

If you want a nice rail and barrel set up for the 10 / 22 this is the way to go .

Or you can go this way , but for a few bucks more the above is the way to go .

XS Sight Systems, Inc. - Lever Rail Ghost Ring WS - Ruger 10/22

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am thinking so back out the screws a few turns and cycle the bolt . If the bolt cycles that's the problem screws are too long.

If you want a nice rail and barrel set up for the 10 / 22 this is the way to go .

Or you can go this way , but for a few bucks more the above is the way to go .

XS Sight Systems, Inc. - Lever Rail Ghost Ring WS - Ruger 10/22
The culprit was the front screw of the rear ring. I replaced it with one of the screws from the rail I took off, and it works now.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Glad you got it resolved.

I had a similar experience with a Mark IV upper that I purchased from Volquartsen. One of the top rail filler screws had been screwed in too far, preventing the bolt from moving fully into battery. It was simple enough to remove and degrease all the screws, apply purple (222) Loctite to their threads, and reinstall them paying special attention to how far I threaded them in.

Sometimes we get lucky and it's the simple things ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts