Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking at the RAP since it came out. I pretty much knew it was coming home with me when the time was right.

Last Monday I layed away the RAP Compact Pro version. Today I played away the baby RAP, the LCP2. I'm sure I will get the duty size RAP pro in 9mm when I next find one, everybody has them in stock .But they have the safety version.

I bought a Taurus 809 a few years ago. Have the TCP to go with it as a BUG. I have always wanted a 809 compact, but was never able to find one. Looks like the set I was wanting from Taurus is being replaced by Ruger. But I'm not disappointed. Just deciding whether or not to sell the Tauri to help fund the Rugers. Think I will probably keep them as my second string. Something tells me that now is not the time to be getting rid of high capacity pistols.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Well, congrats on the new ones,

Ill be awaiting to hear how you describe them at the range.

Jim

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm looking forward to range time with them. The RAP Compact will be my Christmas from the wife and granddkids. The LCP II will probably just be from me! :)

I'm looking forward to the LCP II. My dad and both brothers have the gen 1 LCP. Like I noted, I went with the Taurus because it had LRHO and a better trigger. Plus the LCP was unpleasant to shoot. Felt like I was being stung by a bee every time I shot it.

The LCP II is thicker across the backstrap. Should make it more pleasant to shoot, plus they fixed the trigger and LRHO issue. AND, it had a usable set of sights!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts