New Rugers

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by greg_r, Oct 15, 2016.

1. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

Been looking at the RAP since it came out. I pretty much knew it was coming home with me when the time was right.

Last Monday I layed away the RAP Compact Pro version. Today I played away the baby RAP, the LCP2. I'm sure I will get the duty size RAP pro in 9mm when I next find one, everybody has them in stock .But they have the safety version.

I bought a Taurus 809 a few years ago. Have the TCP to go with it as a BUG. I have always wanted a 809 compact, but was never able to find one. Looks like the set I was wanting from Taurus is being replaced by Ruger. But I'm not disappointed. Just deciding whether or not to sell the Tauri to help fund the Rugers. Think I will probably keep them as my second string. Something tells me that now is not the time to be getting rid of high capacity pistols.

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Well, congrats on the new ones,

Ill be awaiting to hear how you describe them at the range.

Jim

3. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to range time with them. The RAP Compact will be my Christmas from the wife and granddkids. The LCP II will probably just be from me! :)

I'm looking forward to the LCP II. My dad and both brothers have the gen 1 LCP. Like I noted, I went with the Taurus because it had LRHO and a better trigger. Plus the LCP was unpleasant to shoot. Felt like I was being stung by a bee every time I shot it.

The LCP II is thicker across the backstrap. Should make it more pleasant to shoot, plus they fixed the trigger and LRHO issue. AND, it had a usable set of sights!