Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have two 10/22 and a sr1911. Wanted to add a 22 pistol. Wanted a mark 4 but didn't have that kind of money. Picked this 22/45 up off a guy at work for $250. Think it was a good price.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Looks very similar to the MK IV. You got a good gun at a good price.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Dale,
That was a good buy! I was looking for a heavy barrel like that but they all wanted way more than $250.00. Out here that would sell for $300-375.00. I got the 50th anniversary but I am just as happy with it as I would be with a heavy barrel. Right now I just can't hit anything with it. I need a lot more practice and I mean a lot more.
Good buy for you and good luck with it!

Tommy

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
My 11 YO has got his mind set on a mark series pistol, that'll probably be the next one added to the collection......

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only thing I can't figure out is I can't slingshot the bolt. It will only work with the bolt release.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
That is probably because your magazine is empty. Remove the magazine then you should be able to rack the slide. You can rack the slide with a loaded magazine but not with an empty magazine.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Picked this 22/45 up off a guy at work for $250. Think it was a good price.

If you're happy, that's all that matters. Too much after-the-fact "did I do good" and not enough "I'm happy no matter what".

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Put the first 100 rounds thru it. 50 federal bulk packs with no problems. Then 50 Winchester bulk with 3 failure to fire. Go figure. Once I got the sights dialed in it's a sweet shooter. Double taps where easy. Love this gun.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
The failure to fire is not uncommon with 22lr.
Yep the more you get used to the gun it is surprisingly accurate which make it a lot of fun to go plinking with.

I bought a brick of Aguila .22 super extra and the first three jam in any of the four magazines or either the MK II or MK IV. I will not buy any more of them. My Mk fail to feed jamming just doesn't happen so this ammo is a no go for me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im sure if I find those three Winchesters in the grass they will fire the second time. I have that problem with them in my two 10/22's and my heritage revolver.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts