New Ruger SR1911CMD....condition 1 carry?

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by Reagan, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Reagan

Reagan New Member

Had to have (@ retail $$) the Ruger SR1911CMD, to join my Glocks and my SR556! Ruger's design is a great tribute to John Browning. My burning question is what condition to carry it in.
    I carry my EDC Glock +1 along with a "Saf-T-Blok" trigger device. I know most will say carry the 1911 condition 1 with the thumb safety engaged....
    my 1911 question is: if I chamber a round and then de-cock the hammer isn't the firing pin tight against the primer? If so I would think this wouldn't be very safe. Any input would be appreciated, greatly!

Another question: the slide is nearly impossible to release with the slide stop lever without retracting the slide somewhat.....is that typical or just new and tight?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  2. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

Normal till u use the gun some on the slide release. Congrats with the purchase u will really love it ..

3. Railbuggy

Railbuggy Oath Keeper

if I chamber a round and then de-cock the hammer isn't the firing pin tight against the primer?
    No. Ruger uses a heavy duty fireing pin spring to keep weapon from going off if droped on muzzle.