Ruger Talk Forums banner

New Ruger SR-1911......Finally!

4K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  billt 
#1 ·
I finally managed to pick up a new Ruger SR-1911 this past week. Here in the Phoenix area, just like most everywhere else, they've been very hard to come by. My overall impression of the gun is very favorable. Beautiful fit and finish, nice grips, and contrasting black oxide small parts really set the gun off appearance wise. I won't get a chance to fire it up for a few weeks, but that's OK. At least I now have one in the safe.

I was a bit surprised to see Ruger got away from the nice plastic carrying cases they usually provide with all of their pistols. This one came in a cardboard box. They did include a small zippered "rug" style case along with it that it comes packed in.

I'm not sure if there is any advantage to having the barrel and bushing machined from the same bar. It's mostly advertising fluff. What makes these parts is the tolerances they are machined to, along with the material. The fact it came off the same bar is relatively unimportant. I guess it can't hurt anything, I just don't see it being any great advantage.

Overall it looks as if Ruger has another hit on their hands. They have come out once again with a beautiful, well made weapon at an affordable price point. This is what makes, and keeps them one of the most profitable firearms companies in the world.

See less See more
#5 ·
Congrats...great looking gun. I got my SR1911CMD about a month ago....its my favorite gun.....

#7 · (Edited)
They are nice! Put my name on the list at my LGS in Dec and I was number 6 in line. Imagine my surprise when I got a call the Monday before Easter that my gun was in.Turns out the first five chickened out but that's my gain. Picked it up and ran a 100 rounds thru it so far. Great! Accurate and less recoil than my SR40c. Carrys nice outside the belt. All for $599.

#8 ·
billt,
I live in East Mesa and I have found that SR 1911's are really hard to find. I did find a couple at Sportsmen's Warehouse in Gilbert and the one I found this week was in Mesa, however they seem to be really hard to find in our area. Have you any ideas why as they are only about 2 hours away from us?
Tommy

#9 ·
billt,
I live in East Mesa and I have found that SR 1911's are really hard to find. I did find a couple at Sportsmen's Warehouse in Gilbert and the one I found this week was in Mesa, however they seem to be really hard to find in our area. Have you any ideas why as they are only about 2 hours away from us?
Tommy
Try www.galleryofguns.com Then click on Gun Genie. Davidson's has them in stock. Both the standard 5" model, as well as the shorter barreled Commander model. Just type in your Zip Code, and the distance from your home you are willing to travel, and all of it's dealers in your area will show up.

That way you can shop for the best price, and simply click to buy. When the gun arrives at your dealer of choice, (they'll call you in usually 2 days or less), you simply drive over, complete the paperwork the same as any gun store purchase, and take it home.

The best thing is every gun you purchase from Davidson's comes with a Free Lifetime Replacement Warranty for as long as you own it, just like a Craftsman tool. It's pretty hard to beat.

#10 ·
billt,
Took my 1911 to the range today and it was fabulous!!! I fired 3 different types of rounds and where ever you point the muzzle of
that pistol, that's where the round goes. I think that the people at Ruger have really come up with something that many will try
to copy but as of now, I think it's going to be a challenge. Anybody else have any doubts, lay them aside and if you can, and want a straight shooter out of the box the name is RugerSR 1911.
Tommy

#11 ·
billt,
Took my 1911 to the range today and it was fabulous!!! I fired 3 different types of rounds and where ever you point the muzzle of
that pistol, that's where the round goes. I think that the people at Ruger have really come up with something that many will try
to copy but as of now, I think it's going to be a challenge. Anybody else have any doubts, lay them aside and if you can, and want a straight shooter out of the box the name is RugerSR 1911.
Tommy
Great to hear! Where did you end up getting it?

#13 ·
Great to hear! Where did you end up getting it?
billt,
I ended up going to Countryman's gun shop which is located on University and Lindsey. (East Mesa) They had the price listed at $649.00 which I felt was very reasonable. They are just a small shop but carry a nice selection of pistols, rifles, and shotguns. I would recommend them to anyone who is in search of a firearm. I am very satisfied with my purchase and the courtesy they extended to me as a customer.
Tommy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.