Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
I just haven't been able to get into the polymer revolvers, but I will say a 3" barrel makes all the difference in my accuracy.

I have a 3" J-Frame that I shoot very well with. It's a minimal inconvenience over the shorter barrels for the payoff.

·
SHARPSHOOTER
197 Posts
It looks fine (cough cough) but would be one I would pass on and fortunately, Ruger never has many I would pass on. And yes, definitely NOT a poly guy!! If I want a feather lite, I'll go buy a BB gun... Too much BULKINESS in poly guns! Grips are where I draw the limit and I do prefer wood grips also.... I have a beautiful set of woods on my .44 Magnum!!

Reactions: nickndfl

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Nice pistola grteg. I looked at one of the 3" gun at the last gunshow. It was much the same size as a 3" S&W Chief's Special I had some years back. Just a bit too much barrel for me to hide it well. Easier to shoot than a 2" gun. But I go for the 2s. I was looking for a 2" LCRX .357 to replace My LCR .357. He did not have one. Only the 3" one.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks fine (cough cough) but would be one I would pass on and fortunately, Ruger never has many I would pass on. And yes, definitely NOT a poly guy!! If I want a feather lite, I'll go buy a BB gun... Too much BULKINESS in poly guns! Grips are where I draw the limit and I do prefer wood grips also.... I have a beautiful set of woods on my .44 Magnum!!
I prefer steel myself, but the poly guns have a place. The LCRX is a joy to carry, I have both the LCRX 38 special models. Have no desire to shoot a 357 magnum in one though.

My favorite Ruger revolver is the SP101. I have them in 357 3", 22 long rifle 4" and Match Champion 4". I do wish the Match Champion was 327 Federal though.

I also like my SBH in 44 magnum, and it does look better with the Rosewood grips, but it drives my finger into the trigger guard. Not much fun after the first few rounds. The Hogue are fugly, but does make it more pleasant to shoot.

Curious, when were you in? I was 1978 - 1984.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have been waiting for the 3" LCRX 357. But...It is UNHANDSOME! I would rather have a J frame Model 60 for more eye appeal, but that does not seem to be in the budget!

·
Registered
499 Posts
I prefer steel myself, but the poly guns have a place. The LCRX is a joy to carry, I have both the LCRX 38 special models. Have no desire to shoot a 357 magnum in one though.

My favorite Ruger revolver is the SP101. I have them in 357 3", 22 long rifle 4" and Match Champion 4". I do wish the Match Champion was 327 Federal though.

I also like my SBH in 44 magnum, and it does look better with the Rosewood grips, but it drives my finger into the trigger guard. Not much fun after the first few rounds. The Hogue are fugly, but does make it more pleasant to shoot.

Curious, when were you in? I was 1978 - 1984.
SP101 also make a good non-lethal club.
20150817_172951.jpg

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have been waiting for the 3" LCRX 357. But...It is UNHANDSOME! I would rather have a J frame Model 60 for more eye appeal, but that does not seem to be in the budget!
I had a Model 60, it was stolen and I didn't like it enough to replace it.
Came across a deal on a SP101 SS hammerless 2"bbl .357mag at a gun show. The SP101 is 100x better on grop, fit, and comfort than the 60. IMHO

1 - 9 of 9 Posts