New Ruger Mark III Standard-boxing

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by Zephyr, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Zephyr

Zephyr New Member

I was looking at the Ruger Mark III Standard from the local gun shop, but I noticed that in the box, there was only 1 key for the internal safety lock. Aren't there supposed to be two keys for the safety lock?

Also, one of the magazines seem to be scuffed as if it was used. What's with that? Could Ruger or the shop swapped out the new magazine for an old one? How can I tell?

I really want one, but I might not get a chance if I wait too long.

2. NoWin

NoWin New Member

Ask to find out if its a consigned/trade-in. The mag scuff may be just an indication its been taken out and shown frequently in the shop, but it should have 2 keys on the hoop ring, AFAIK.

3. Redleg

Redleg New Member

I never use the keys, so don't even know how many are in the boxes my new Marks came in. :eek:

Hey, the magazines are going to get scuffed. Fuggetaboudit. As long as the gun is new I wouldn't worry. Wish we could find new Standards here in California. :metal:

4. ISDgeek

ISDgeek New Member

I just bought a new Mark III 22/45 LITE this week and it came with one key.

5. Zephyr

Zephyr New Member

Got an extra key

I called Ruger, and they gladly sent me an extra key for free. The gun should automatically come with 2 keys for those who want to use it.

The shop blued the magazine for me for the areas that was scuffed. The gun is beautiful. I'm glad to own a classic.

Regarding the magazine, I buffed some of the hidden sharp edges, like the button, and sharp corners of the plastic butt end. I did get a mysterious cut handling the magazine as other users have experienced. No more.

6. robhic

robhic Curmudgeon

Do you expect or need to use the key? (I ask because nobody I know does...) I really wouldn't worry about that and, like said, Ruger will be happy to send you one. Scuffed mag isn't a biggie, either because the "showroom shine" won't last long, won't affect the pistol and the mags will be scuffed with use in about a week. Get it before you lose it!!!

7. 1234Shooter

1234Shooter New Member

You will be glad you got it! My Lite came with only one key. The only time I used it was to remove the internal lock.

8. DUNTOV

DUNTOV New Member

The last 5 New Rugers I recieved only came with 1 key

9. Snubshooter

Snubshooter New Member

Keys? they put keys in the box? Really!! I'd rather they put a brick of .22s in the box, they would at least be useful!!!