Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Ruger Universe,

I bought a Ruger LCP from Cabella’s yesterday. I was excited to get home and inspect this little guy further. I heard a very annoying rattle as I was moving it around. I stripped the gun and noticed a piece moving back and forth within the hammer spring. How did this happen? What is that? Any suggestions on the best course of action? Video below.

Video Link

Thanks! Tyler

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello Ruger Universe,

I bought a Ruger LCP from Cabella’s yesterday. I was excited to get home and inspect this little guy further. I heard a very annoying rattle as I was moving it around. I stripped the gun and noticed a piece moving back and forth within the hammer spring. How did this happen? What is that? Any suggestions on the best course of action? Video below.

Video Link

Thanks! Tyler
Wow. Not off to a great start. (I feel your pain!) I can't see what's going on from your video, but here's my free advice,(and it's worth every penny.)There is a complete LCP teardown video somewhere on Youtube. I think it's about 30 to 45 minutes long.I had to use it once myself,and it was very helpful. IF you can figure out what exactly is going on in there and you feel confidant in your ability to fix it, Ruger will send you the part you need,at least they did for me. (Maybe something is just unhooked? Is the gun functioning as it should? If so, maybe a piece of metal debris from the factory is kicking around in there?) The alternative is to send it back to them for the repair.They've always been really good to deal with when I've had to send my LCP in for repair. There may be someone else on this site that can tell you immediately what's going on in there, and how to remedy it. I wish you good luck.

·
Registered
Ruger 57, (2021) Redhawk .44 mag, EC9s, Ruger .44mag carbine, .Single six .22Mag (1963, first Ruger,
17 Posts
Hello Ruger Universe,

Video Link

Thanks! Tyler
Does it make a difference if the magazine is in or out?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, it’s audible regardless. However, without the mag out, you can’t see the metal object move back and fourth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts