1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked this up last week,
been trying to find ammo,
Seems 22-250 has become VERY popular, and somewhat hard to find

Ruger M77 MarkII ,mfg in 1982, chambered in 22-250, LNIB.
Ruger did not produce the Stainless model with wood stocks, syn only, this one was special ordered for this gun.

Havent shot it yet, just got a box of ammo Sat, and got more on order, hope to zero and see what it can do this week.

Jim

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Congrats.....beautiful....

·
Super Moderator
1,378 Posts
Congratulations on the addition

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Hi Ho, Fido!!!!!!!

Saw your rifle posted on KTOG. Thought it might have made it's way over here. Really nice and in a really hot caliber. Really popular around here with the outlaw hunters. Well, those few that are still around. I have about 40 rounds of Winch. JSPs and half a box of PMC JSPs stasched somewhere. I had a hand cannon in that caliber that I traded off. You are welcome to shoot the ammo if ya can make it down here.:D

Had a Ruger All Weather/stainless in .25-06 with a plastic stock that I traded off to an old gun swapping buddy. He ordered a boyd's laminated thumbhole stock for it. It looks badazz now. He has an old Remmy 788 in .22-250 that I have been trying to get out of him for some time. Don't think he will ever trade it off. The .22-250s and .220 Swifts are scarce around here. Would prefer the .22-250 over the Swift cause of the shorter cartridge. Have had something in almost every other caliber except that one. And I don't wanna pay for a new oen either.

Will be waiting for that range report!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Pancho,
I think a trip down there would cost a little more than a box or two of ammo.;):)
BUT, I wish I could do the trip just to shoot with you.

Ive been interested in the 22-250 cartridge for a long time, the velocity ( 3900 fps) and energy is awesome. Flat line ballistics is hard to beat.

I will be doing a range report as soon as I get a break in the humidity and temps. Im really looking forward to seeing just what the gun and the 22-250 (and me) can actually do.

Jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts