New Ruger Centerfire Rifles

Discussion in 'Ruger Rifle Forum' started by greg_r, Apr 13, 2019.

1. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

2. rswink

rswink New Member

Liking that hand gaurd, it was 1 of my concerns that stopped that transaction.

3. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

WizardMaster likes this.
  4. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

When I first saw the free float carbine I thought Ruger had succeeded in making a rifle even uglier than the PCCarbine was to begin with. It made me think about the Russian PPSh-41. The more I thought about it, the more I liked it.

I am now to the point that I want to buy one. I need to recoup from a few firearms that I bought so far this year, then I will order me one. 9mm with the free float PPSh fore arm.

I will change my user name to Mykew Gregorovitch, legendary wand maker and defender of the homeland with my classic Ruger PPSh-9mm carbine.

upload_2019-4-14_15-7-54.jpeg

rugertoter likes this.
  5. WizardMaster

WizardMaster SHARPSHOOTER

YES!!! That would be awesome wouldn't it!?!

rugertoter likes this.
  6. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

What Ruger should do is bring the Model 77 back!

7. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

Well they came out with the PC carbine in 40 caliber, can the 10 mm be far behind. I just wonder whose mags they will use.

rugertoter likes this.
  8. mrmike7189

mrmike7189 Member

I'm betting on a 45acp version next?

rugertoter likes this.
  9. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

You are probably correct.

10. quirky

quirky Active Member

If the .40 S&W sells as well as the 9mm my guess would be they come with a .45 a.c.p. if that sells well then a 10mm.
    Ruger is on another roll with these PC carbines.

However don't be surprised if we don't see even the .357 magnum first. That caliber there benefits from more barrel length then even the 10mm.
    Of course then they have to make mags for it so if I had to guess we probably won't see it.

But I will say a hot 10mm from a 7 lb. gun can do some serious damage. As it stands now most only shoot watered down .40 S&W from their 10mm pistols. Recoil is to much.

What I would really like to Ruger do is give us the .22 Charger in 9mm and make it a breakdown like it is now, then we are talking because then you could legally carry it concealed and it's small enough to fit nicely in my backpack I use when I go grocery shopping.

The PC is nice but even broken down still to long to conceal nicely and with the Charger I could still stay on the pistol side at my club with the PC I have to move over to the rifle rangel. The Charger is sold as a Pistol. You get caught carrying that PC conceal at least where I'm at you going to jail and lose your gun rights.

As it stands now I got my pocket 9 with the EC9s and am very content but if thy did that Charger I'd be all over it.

rugertoter likes this.
  11. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

Man, you must have some industrial grade pockets! I carry my LCP II in the "pocket" mode, but OWB with my EC9s....carrying it that way today in fact.

12. quirky

quirky Active Member

Here was my former get-up but people kept asking me if I was a cook.:)
    [​IMG]

So I changed my shirt and it looks even better and feels better to.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The other get-up had me with short sleeves over a long sleeve tee-shirt. I run the same get-up but now in the summer time I'll be able to wear a short sleeve tee-shirt underneath.

Also I changed how I wear my suspenders, now they go underneath since I leave my shirt untucked. It works out very well for me and I draw from the weak side because when I get jacked they will grab the cane to bring me down. You always walk with your cane on the opposite side of your issue and it just so happens that means I have to walk with it on the strong side.

That's why I have trained myself to shoot one handed and from both sides. I never, ever shoot two handed at the club when I exercise the gun.
    And pocket draw is by far the best for me.

One thing I never thought I'd say, I really like having a safety because I don't use a holster and it's nice how they clearly marked it to know when it's safe or hot.

I'm not kidding you when I tell you the EC9s is some of the best money I have ever spent and the best semi-automatic pistol I have ever owned. I'm serious, I could not even shoot my Glocks two handed without being a jamamactic, let alone one handed. I own 4 of them and everyone one of them was crapola. They are good guns but not for everyone because of their funky grip.

A couple of Sigs same model different calibers, one was garbage the other one so so.
    I kept going back to revolvers because of all the headaches. Own 2 Beretta's and one of them you needed a degree in engineering just to field strip it. Had the old style S&W M&P it was cheaply made and not a fan of their pivot triggers.

The EC9s has the best trigger I have felt since my LCR days, we are talking about 7 rounds in less than 2 seconds.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019