New Ruger American Ranch Rifle????

Discussion in 'Ruger Rifle Forum' started by greg_r, Jun 15, 2017.

1. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

Hey Ruger! I asked for a LCRX 3 in 22 long rifle. I finally got it. Then I asked for a LCRX 3 in 327 Federal, still waiting on that one. I have one more request.

How about a Ranch Rifle in 6.5 Grendel? It could have a 20" barrel that's maybe a bit on the heavy side. I already have the 5.56 and the 300 BLK versions. They match up with my AR,s in the same chambering. I need one to compliment my 6.5 Grendel as well.

Howa came out with their mini Mauser so chambered in 2016. CZ followed suite in 2017. Come on Ruger! I neeeeeed one! Pleeeze!

2. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

Well, we are only a barrel away now. I'll be surprised if Ruger does not come out with a 6.5 Grendel American Ranch.

3. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture New Member

If you really want one, you can have one rebarreled. Not hard at all on a bolt action.

I want a 6.0 Creedmoor upper for my SR762, to shoot the semiauto class in PRS matches with. Now that is a bit more complicated.

4. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

The CZ was a popular rebarrel until they started producing them in 6.5 Grendel. Maybe worth it on that rifle. I will not rebarrel a $450 rifle though. You would have too much invested.

I'll wait on the American Ranch 6.5. Ruger has got to be thinking that direction. The afford mentioned CZ and the Howa Mini Action are selling well. You know Ruger wants some of the action.