Ruger Talk Forums banner

New Ruger 22/45 lite

8K views 28 replies 7 participants last post by  DrewBone 
#1 ·
Air gun Trigger Yellow Gun barrel Bicycle part
Automotive tire Font Automotive wheel system Cable Auto part
Bicycle part Automotive tire Bicycle frame Bumper Tool

Recently picked this up just added some Tandemkross goodies. Just hope the compensator can tame this beast.;)

See less See more
#7 ·
With the new Ruger Mark IV pistols, uppers will now interchange easily. I have one of the first Mark IV Competition Target version pistols produced after all the William B Ruger commemoratives were all sold:

When Volquartsen had a bunch of the Ruger Mark IV 5½ Blued uppers for sale for $25.00 each and shipping, I bought 2:

Both of these uppers fit right onto my Competition Target grip frame:

It's quite an endorsement of Rugers machining ability to have all the uppers able to switch back and forth like that.

#9 ·
View attachment 12910 View attachment 12912 View attachment 12914
Recently picked this up just added some Tandemkross goodies. Just hope the compensator can tame this beast.;)
Looking good :)

When I was eyeing Mark IV 22/45 Lite pistols I was tempted by the same model as yours, as there was understandably something about those gold accoutrements that caught my eye...but in the end I purchased the plain Jane black version, along with an additional new Mark IV receiver from Volquartsen that came with an adjustable rear sight and had its barrel shortened from 5.5" to 3.5" and threaded. Both provide two nice but different combinations when shooting suppressed.

Enjoy your beast :D

#12 ·
Reactions: Gunny70
#21 ·
Nice looking pistol. I really like that color.

When I got mine this was all that was available. I don't care for the color, bronze, but I sure do like the gun. I may have it ceracoated in the future.

Volquartsen came through. I have their accurizing kit on mine and added a C-More Red Dot as well as a Carolina Crusher Compensator.

I also picked up a 5.5 inch Target barrel from Volquartsen for $25 and a 10 inch for $100 with sights.

I now have a gun set up for Steel Challenge RFPO and by just changing uppers RFPI. Takes about 10 seconds to change them out.

Attachments

#22 ·
Nice looking pistol. I really like that color.

When I got mine this was all that was available. I don't care for the color, bronze, but I sure do like the gun. I may have it ceracoated in the future.

Volquartsen came through. I have their accurizing kit on mine and added a C-More Red Dot as well as a Carolina Crusher Compensator.

I also picked up a 5.5 inch Target barrel from Volquartsen for $25 and a 10 inch for $100 with sights.

I now have a gun set up for Steel Challenge RFPO and by just changing uppers RFPI. Takes about 10 seconds to change them out.
I do the steel challenge with out an optic just the BIG DOT Iron sights on my Springfield Armory XD.45 5.25" Tactical & XDM 9mm 5.25 Competition I might try it sometime with .22 LR Caliber its cheaper to shoot .I could put my red dot on them and give it a try , My Hell Cat has a shield Red Dot mounted on it . The .45 Shines in the Bowling Pin Shoots & Falling Plates events and the 9mm shines in the steel challenge & 3 Gun .

Reactions: AzShooter
#24 ·
I have both the aluminum and the polymer models. There really isn't much difference other than price. The polymer is lighter. I like the standard dial over the click. With the standard I can adjust my intensity a little better than the click. Again, both work well I just like the standard.

The polymer is the same price as the Vortex Venom. I've used both and like the C-More better because of the intensity of the dot. I can shoot it on the brightest days and can still see the dot. The Vortex would wash out on me.

You may find mounting the Vortex easier, especially if you use an EGW Dovetail Mount. It won't interfere with your can, although I don't think the C-More would either. You just need to mount it more forward on the upper.

I have 3 6 and 12 MOA modules for my C-Mores. I use 12 for Steel Challenge shooting and 3 when I want to shoot for precision. I still manage to get some great groups with the 12, it's a matter of what you get use to.

Hope this helps.

Steven.

#25 ·
I have both the aluminum and the polymer models. There really isn't much difference other than price. The polymer is lighter. I like the standard dial over the click. With the standard I can adjust my intensity a little better than the click. Again, both work well I just like the standard.

The polymer is the same price as the Vortex Venom. I've used both and like the C-More better because of the intensity of the dot. I can shoot it on the brightest days and can still see the dot. The Vortex would wash out on me.

You may find mounting the Vortex easier, especially if you use an EGW Dovetail Mount. It won't interfere with your can, although I don't think the C-More would either. You just need to mount it more forward on the upper.

I have 3 6 and 12 MOA modules for my C-Mores. I use 12 for Steel Challenge shooting and 3 when I want to shoot for precision. I still manage to get some great groups with the 12, it's a matter of what you get use to.

Hope this helps.

Steven.
Thanks Steven, I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts! I'm getting closer to trying one, but I'll have to spend some time deciding which size MOA dot to start out with...and I never do anything fast anymore ;)

Last question: have you purchased direct from C-More or do you have a particular vendor that you deal with?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.