Ruger Talk Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nice looking pistol. I really like that color.

When I got mine this was all that was available. I don't care for the color, bronze, but I sure do like the gun. I may have it ceracoated in the future.

Volquartsen came through. I have their accurizing kit on mine and added a C-More Red Dot as well as a Carolina Crusher Compensator.

I also picked up a 5.5 inch Target barrel from Volquartsen for $25 and a 10 inch for $100 with sights.

I now have a gun set up for Steel Challenge RFPO and by just changing uppers RFPI. Takes about 10 seconds to change them out.

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
Nice looking pistol. I really like that color.

When I got mine this was all that was available. I don't care for the color, bronze, but I sure do like the gun. I may have it ceracoated in the future.

Volquartsen came through. I have their accurizing kit on mine and added a C-More Red Dot as well as a Carolina Crusher Compensator.

I also picked up a 5.5 inch Target barrel from Volquartsen for $25 and a 10 inch for $100 with sights.

I now have a gun set up for Steel Challenge RFPO and by just changing uppers RFPI. Takes about 10 seconds to change them out.
I do the steel challenge with out an optic just the BIG DOT Iron sights on my Springfield Armory XD.45 5.25" Tactical & XDM 9mm 5.25 Competition I might try it sometime with .22 LR Caliber its cheaper to shoot .I could put my red dot on them and give it a try , My Hell Cat has a shield Red Dot mounted on it . The .45 Shines in the Bowling Pin Shoots & Falling Plates events and the 9mm shines in the steel challenge & 3 Gun .

·
Registered
107 Posts
...Volquartsen came through. I have their accurizing kit on mine and added a C-More Red Dot as well as a Carolina Crusher Compensator...
AzS, alot of folks like the C-More Railway sighting system for competition, and I see that you have one installed on your OEM upper. What can you tell me about it? Which model do you have, polymer or aluminum body, standard or click switch, etc.? And could you please share with me what the allure of these sights are, e.g., is it the larger window, the interchangeable dot modules, both, or?

I finally got around to properly correcting my vision issues (moderate astigmatism) and have only recently discovered that I can use red dot sights (Vortex Venom and Holosun 507) without seeing the red dot as a starburst or worse, so I'm considering a C-More as well, but I've never seen or experienced one in the wild and could use some actual user comments. Lastly, I'd like to add that I'm not a competition shooter, enjoying casual target shooing and quiet plinking with a suppressor, so if you think one of these C-More sights would be a waste of money for my purposes please don't refrain from saying so. Thanks for your time :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have both the aluminum and the polymer models. There really isn't much difference other than price. The polymer is lighter. I like the standard dial over the click. With the standard I can adjust my intensity a little better than the click. Again, both work well I just like the standard.

The polymer is the same price as the Vortex Venom. I've used both and like the C-More better because of the intensity of the dot. I can shoot it on the brightest days and can still see the dot. The Vortex would wash out on me.

You may find mounting the Vortex easier, especially if you use an EGW Dovetail Mount. It won't interfere with your can, although I don't think the C-More would either. You just need to mount it more forward on the upper.

I have 3 6 and 12 MOA modules for my C-Mores. I use 12 for Steel Challenge shooting and 3 when I want to shoot for precision. I still manage to get some great groups with the 12, it's a matter of what you get use to.

Hope this helps.

Steven.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have both the aluminum and the polymer models. There really isn't much difference other than price. The polymer is lighter. I like the standard dial over the click. With the standard I can adjust my intensity a little better than the click. Again, both work well I just like the standard.

The polymer is the same price as the Vortex Venom. I've used both and like the C-More better because of the intensity of the dot. I can shoot it on the brightest days and can still see the dot. The Vortex would wash out on me.

You may find mounting the Vortex easier, especially if you use an EGW Dovetail Mount. It won't interfere with your can, although I don't think the C-More would either. You just need to mount it more forward on the upper.

I have 3 6 and 12 MOA modules for my C-Mores. I use 12 for Steel Challenge shooting and 3 when I want to shoot for precision. I still manage to get some great groups with the 12, it's a matter of what you get use to.

Hope this helps.

Steven.
Thanks Steven, I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts! I'm getting closer to trying one, but I'll have to spend some time deciding which size MOA dot to start out with...and I never do anything fast anymore ;)

Last question: have you purchased direct from C-More or do you have a particular vendor that you deal with?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Gunny, I'd like to suggest that if you're thinking about a rimfire suppressor that you look closely at the Dead Air Mask HD. I have one and it works very well...it's only 1.070" in diameter, 5.1" in length, weighs in at just 6.6 oz, and will suppress .22LR, .22WMR, 22 Hornet, .17HMR, .17WSM, and 5.7x28 - without barrel length restriction.

The tube is titanium, while the end caps and K baffles are made of 17-4 stainless steel, with the latter having raised ridges on them as seen below, making them very easy to remove from the tube for cleaning:

Lastly, the Mask is affordable and comparably priced with the SilencerCo Sparrow 22, at around $380.
Dead Air on the 10 /22 Rifle & the 45 grain Subsonic at 60 yards is super accurate super quiet with the CCI Suppressor .22 LR Subsonic 45 grain Lead Hollow Point at 970 FPS, I Have taken Feral Hogs with precision head shots at 60 Yards you only hear the action cycle and the bullet impact on the pigs skull with a Distinct Knock sounds like a knock on wood almost. It allows for follow up shots on other Hogs as I sit 25' in the air in a ladder stand and acquire other pigs in my Night Vision Scope .I have had to shoot some Hogs Twice with this ammo , But with the CCI 40 grain Velocitor copper plated Hollow Point its just one to turn them Hogs off. I think velocity has a real lot to do with it .The report is silenced but you can hear the sonic crack of the 1435 fps 40 grain copper plated bullet going down range to the pigs skull 60 yards away. No Bad for $400 bucks plus $200 bucks tax and the 1 year wait. Stainless Steel is the way to go I just don't trust the Polymer .

·
Registered
325 Posts
Thanks Steven, I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts! I'm getting closer to trying one, but I'll have to spend some time deciding which size MOA dot to start out with...and I never do anything fast anymore ;)

Last question: have you purchased direct from C-More or do you have a particular vendor that you deal with?
You might give the Swamp Fox line a look the are Aluminum not polymer so they are a little heavier but more rugged .

·
Registered
41 Posts

I buy mine directly from C-More. I haven't found anyone with a better price.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts