Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
LOL! Yeah, especially with some high velocity in there! Seriously, that is one of the best Mk series pistols, I have ever seen. Bet it shoots as good as it looks! :cool:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Thanks. After adjusting sight she was a tack driver with irons. Havent shot it with red dot.
I had one .22 pistol, about 5 years ago, that I had put a red dot on, but took it back off. As long as I rested it across something, I could shoot it more accurately than with the irons, but as soon as I just held it and shot? Nope. I was too shaky, and "chased" the dot all over the place. :p

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had one .22 pistol, about 5 years ago, that I had put a red dot on, but took it back off. As long as I rested it across something, I could shoot it more accurately than with the irons, but as soon as I just held it and shot? Nope. I was too shaky, and "chased" the dot all over the place. :p
I thought it was supposed to shake uncontrollably and just guess when to shoot

·
Banned
405 Posts
With the new Ruger Mark IV pistols, uppers will now interchange easily. I have one of the first Mark IV Competition Target version pistols produced after all the William B Ruger commemoratives were all sold:

When Volquartsen had a bunch of the Ruger Mark IV 5½ Blued uppers for sale for $25.00 each and shipping, I bought 2:

Both of these uppers fit right onto my Competition Target grip frame:

It's quite an endorsement of Rugers machining ability to have all the uppers able to switch back and forth like that.

·
Registered
124 Posts
View attachment 12910 View attachment 12912 View attachment 12914
Recently picked this up just added some Tandemkross goodies. Just hope the compensator can tame this beast.;)
Looking good :)

When I was eyeing Mark IV 22/45 Lite pistols I was tempted by the same model as yours, as there was understandably something about those gold accoutrements that caught my eye...but in the end I purchased the plain Jane black version, along with an additional new Mark IV receiver from Volquartsen that came with an adjustable rear sight and had its barrel shortened from 5.5" to 3.5" and threaded. Both provide two nice but different combinations when shooting suppressed.

Enjoy your beast :D

·
Banned
405 Posts
Gotta keep an eye on the VC site. Every now and then they'll offer take-offs of Ruger Mark IV uppers and turn them loose for very little $$$. Some are even available with sights and a hard case:

·
Banned
405 Posts
Yeah my buddy works at lgs class 3 been working on me. Its probably coming soon:)
I hope it does get to you sooner than what has been normal in the past. Took 8 months for my stamp to arrive, but that was several years ago:

This Mark III is set up with a "prototype bolt" that weighs less than half of the factory Ruger steel bolt. At present, the only purpose is for this combination to fully function with CCI Quiet 710 FPS rounds. Scary quiet!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yeah my buddy works at lgs class 3 been working on me. Its probably coming soon:)
Gunny, I'd like to suggest that if you're thinking about a rimfire suppressor that you look closely at the Dead Air Mask HD. I have one and it works very well...it's only 1.070" in diameter, 5.1" in length, weighs in at just 6.6 oz, and will suppress .22LR, .22WMR, 22 Hornet, .17HMR, .17WSM, and 5.7x28 - without barrel length restriction.

The tube is titanium, while the end caps and K baffles are made of 17-4 stainless steel, with the latter having raised ridges on them as seen below, making them very easy to remove from the tube for cleaning:

Lastly, the Mask is affordable and comparably priced with the SilencerCo Sparrow 22, at around $380.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Gunny, I'd like to suggest that if you're thinking about a rimfire suppressor that you look closely at the Dead Air Mask HD. I have one and it works very well...it's only 1.070" in diameter, 5.1" in length, weighs in at just 6.6 oz, and will suppress .22LR, .22WMR, 22 Hornet, .17HMR, .17WSM, and 5.7x28 - without barrel length restriction.

The tube is titanium, while the end caps and K baffles are made of 17-4 stainless steel, with the latter having raised ridges on them as seen below, making them very easy to remove from the tube for cleaning:

Lastly, the Mask is affordable and comparably priced with the SilencerCo Sparrow 22, at around $380.
I like that one. Haven't done it yet. Thanks for info.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I like that one. Haven't done it yet. Thanks for info.
You're quite welcome, 'glad to share. The process is pretty painless (sans the $200 tax), and as long as you put it out of your mind even the time you spend waiting for the approval goes by pretty fast. Then one day when you least expect it you'll get a call from your dealer informing you that your approved paperwork & stamp has arrived and that you can come get your can out of jail...and you won't be able to get this stupid smile off your face from that point on until well after you get home with it :D

Of course then you'll owe it to yourself to get another suppressor (centerfire pistol or rifle) and file at least one Form 1 for a SBR ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts