New Ruger 10/22 Mannlicher Talo

Discussion in 'Ruger 10/22' started by DDubya, Oct 22, 2013.

1. DDubya

DDubya Member

Wow.....walked into the LGS and this was on the shelf. Rare as hens teeth. It followed me home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. shadecorp

shadecorp Member

I love it.
    Wish I could find one.

3. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Congrats.....thats super nice....

4. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Congrats on the Mannlicher 10-22,

Good looking rifle, and Im sure will prove to be a great shooter.

GJim

5. peterpilot379

peterpilot379 New Member

Nice rifle. Remember what you paid for it? I've seen prices all over the place with is model.

6. Fundy

Fundy New Member

I just bought a NIB International (model #1264) (Mannlicher) as well, but mine is stainless steel. They're scarce but not impossible to find - try https://www.slickguns.com/ to see which national dealers have them in stock and the price. I found mine at my LGS and paid $319 plus tax - no shipping, no FFL - I was lucky.

However . . . I'm tied up with Ruger and Talo representatives about the poor quality of the stock. It's walnut of so-so quality to begin with and there are rough areas where the sealant was not smooth. Mainly the checkering (either pressed in or laser cut) is ragged, fuzzy, and not well done. :mad: I suppose I could refinish it and get the checkering re-cut, but what's the point of having to do that? I mean isn't that why we pay a premium for 10/22s that are really worth about $175?

So you say, then why did you buy it if the stock was of poor quality? :rolleyes: I saved significant $$ not having to order one from out of state - and still having no guarantee that there wouldn't be quality issues.

Will keep you posted . . .

Attached Files:

7. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I love the looks of the 10/22 Mannlicher - but betcha it ain't any better shooter than the old Plain Jane 10/22 at home, with the BX trigger in it.

But - I have a couple guns I like to take out of the cabinet and stare at, and fondle a little, and look through the sights. Gun nuts come in different sizes, ages and bank accounts.