new property

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by berettabone, Aug 14, 2015.

1. berettabone

berettabone In the army now..

Well, we sign the papers on the 20th for the new property. It sure is going to be busy now. We have been out looking for bargains for the new place, and have pretty much everything we need. Now it's going to be time to start hauling stuff up there. 2 1/2 hr. drive, so not too bad. We eventually plan to move there permanently, if I live that long. Have to figure out what I'm going to do about a shooting area.:duck:

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

You know we are gonna need pics...:)

There are lots of ways to set up for shooting,

You will come up with something when the moving stuff settles down.

Jim

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Glad to hear you got the property that you desired. As far as moving goes, I live in my death house. With all the crap I have, it would take 10 strong young men and a semi van to haul all I have. And that same van would have to be used just moving all my wife's clothes. Good luck on your new venture!

Tommy

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Yup your are going to be very busy but you will enjoy the fruits of your labor. You need to consider how safe it would be to leave to much there that could be stolen because thieves will know you are seldom around. Just something to think about.

5. berettabone

We bought the place with a bunch of furniture, we furnish with bargains, fleamarkets, and furniture from our other home, which I am glad to get out of the basement. There won't be too much there that someone would really want. Maybe a tv or vcr, but you can get them everywhere/anywhere. Definitely won't be any firearms left there. Anything that would be stolen would be covered by insurance, and there really isn't any attachment to most of it....................................yet..............................I will post the property.:duck:

6. buster40c

Out of curiosity does your new house have a basement?

7. berettabone

No.................it was one of my prerequisites..................they're nice for storage purposes, but up here, where everything is clay, they cause nothing but moisture problems, smell, dampness etc. Told myself, never another basement. That's what the pole barn is for..........................;)

8. buster40c

Here we don't have basements because the water table is so high and because of the flooding the basements would be indoor ponds. Basements are nice for a lot of reasons but they can become real problems also.
    A guy asked what did we use basements for up north. I said you know all that stuff in your garage, well that goes in the basement so you can park your car in the garage. They make nice family, game, and work shops also.

9. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

In my neck of the woods, not so long ago, the basement served as the root cellar. It was central heating, with the furnace in the cellar, that messed that up. Couldn't use it as a root cellar anymore, so those frivolities moved in.:rolleyes:

10. berettabone

I've already gone through basement issues where I live now........................never again................poured basements are a lot better than block, and work better up here, but they cost more denaro.