New pro .45 will not fire.

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by pro45lover, Nov 20, 2017.

1. pro45lover

pro45lover New Member

I have the pro .45 model and i have only put about 150 maybe 200 rounds through it. The only dismantling i have done is removing the slide and doing a lite cleaning/oil and grease. Put it back together and it sat for about a week. Went to shoot it yesterday and everything felt fine but after a full trigger pull...nothing. you can hear the click of the firing pin and it still leaves a small indent in the center of the primer. I need hwll figuring out why the firing pin is not hitting the primer hard enough or not traveling forward enough......PLEASE HELP ME!!!

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the R/T Stranger...

Unlike most forums...we like to know a little about a person in order to help them...

So, if you would be so kind as to post a few syllables about yourself...in our Introductions sub forum

I'm sure some member here will be along to help you shortly !!

Thank you...

Enjoy our community.

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum and it is appreciated for new members to post under the introduction area. From past experience it gets new members off to a better rolling start.
    Did you add or get oil into the firing pin channel? That can cause light strikes. I would suggest shooting some gun cleaner into the firing pin channel and see if that fixes your problem. Another thing to check is if the slide is moving into all the way back position. Let us know if that helps or not.

4. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Are you sure they're light strikes or could you have a bad batch of primers?

5. pro45lover

pro45lover New Member

They are lite i have tried 3 difrent brands and compared spent casings tk the ones that have not fired