New Pond Aerator

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by squirrelhunter, Apr 16, 2015.

1. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

2. havasu

havasu In the army now..

Hey squirrel. What is the reasoning for the aerator? Is it true the pond won't freeze with bubbling water? Nice country, by the way.

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Arent you the wise one,

COOL,

It will really help in 100+ degree temps.

Jim

4. squirrelhunter

I lost all my fish the winter before this last one because of all the snow and being froze so long. With this type of aerator they will still get oxygen because it blows it from the bottom up instead of the fountain type aerator. These also give oxygen from the bottom to the top of the pond instead of just the top like the floating ones plus helps keep it from freezing and helps get rid of unwanted vegetation. They say it'll even help the fish live longer which makes sense.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  5. squirrelhunter

Hopefully it doesn't get THAT hot :jawdrop: ,but I know what you mean.:D

6. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Squirrel,
    I wish I could convey to you how much I would love to own a piece of land like that. I would build my rifle/pistol range on it and drive one of my old Model A Fords out there and shoot to my hearts content and sit in the evening and listen to the frogs and crickets. Who says there ain't a heaven on earth, cuz, you got one there!!!!
    Tommy

7. havasu

havasu In the army now..

Tommy, since you said "one of my old Model A Fords", I think you are being pretty selfish and should sell me one for a good price!

8. squirrelhunter

I've only got 3 acres but yeah it is heaven,course with me growing up here I might be a little partial ;). I'm using the pile of clay we dug out of the pond last year as a backstop. I'm wanting to get some of them spinning metal targets to put up.

9. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

The land is, of course, way too flat... but having a range on it really helps. :D

10. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

How deep is the pond? I keep the grass and weeds mowed down around my pond because that keeps the snakes away. My pond at deepest is only maybe 5' deep. My pond has gone dry the past several summers so the fish{minnows} have to get replenished by the birds every year till it goes dry again. I have a bunch of frogs for sure.
    I would think Indiana winters would freeze your pond almost solid.

11. squirrelhunter

It's about 4' on one gradually going down to about 10' on the other. I just had the deep end excavated last spring because it had washed in to about 5-6' and originally 12'. I'm not sure how thick the ice gets but I think having a 5-6' pond instead of the original 12' the winter before this last one had a part in killing them. My brother drilled a hole in his pond that year and his was only 8" think.

12. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Hav,
    You don't want an old Model A Ford. You have to shift gears, no power steering or brakes, the only way the A/C works is to tilt the windshield out and they only travel about 45mph, if you are not in a hurry. I only have 2 left. 1 is my 1930 pickup and the other is a 30 Deluxe Coupe with rumble seat. And when you get tired of driving or done shooting, you have to sit on the running boards and have something cool to drink. I am afraid you would get so bored with it that you would go out and trade it for something cool-like some really neat rifles or pistols. Hmmmmmmmmm-maybe we could work something out!:cryinglaugh:
    Tommy

13. havasu

havasu In the army now..

I want one just for local parades, and to jump in it and cruise the neighborhood at a slow speed. I also have a few friends who show off their cars at local street fairs, and it would fit in just fine.

14. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I love the sound of a Model A. Even a Harley doesn't sound as good to me.