New permit

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by mriffey22, Jul 6, 2018.

1. mriffey22

mriffey22 Member

Just got my AZ CCW permit in the mail! Took 60 days but that’s cool. Feels like Christmas lol

Fher likes this.
  2. pmdoit

pmdoit Member

Congratulations, it comes with a lot of responsibility. Carry smart and carry always. Life is good.

3. Fher

Fher New Member

Congrats! They received mine on 5/26. I guess I still need to wait a bit longer.

4. mriffey22

mriffey22 Member

Mine took 60 days almost to the day. If it gets to 60 days I would call them up and they will look into it.

Pancho_Villa and Fher like this.
  5. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I believe it only took me 2 weeks to get mine in Texas.
    Yep I suggest you realize what pmdoit said. You are not the law and using your gun wrongly can end up putting you in jail for a long time.
    Even cops have to prove their need to use deadly force as an absolute last option. If a jury or prosecutor believes you had other options or you in any way used deadly force when you didn't have to then you could be going to jail for a long time.

There is no badge comes with a gun permit. Using a gun for deadly force is the absolute last resort to use in any situation. I strongly suggest you remove any bumper or window stickers relating to your having or supporting gun ownership.

I really suggest you look into legal defense plans. I have been a member of ccw safe for a couple of years now. It is better to have and not need it than it is to need it and not have it. Just like having a gun. I hope I never have to pull a gun on anything other than a paper target at a range.

pmdoit likes this.
  6. mriffey22

mriffey22 Member

I’m a member of the NRA, GOA and the USCCA. I also shoot competitively when I have the time in addition to completing multiple defensive handgun and gun smithing classes. I didn’t think I was suggesting that I was approaching this flippantly. If I gave that impression that certainly wasn’t the intention. Thank you for the suggestions.

7. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Sorry I didn't mean to step on your or anyone's toes. Not knowing your background I just put out some information relating to new permit holders. I didn't think for a moment you were being flippant.
    I thought about expressing that my comments very possibly were not news to you and I obviously should have.

8. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Feels like Christmas? Well, have a very merry Christmas!!!!!

Congrats on getting the permit!!!!!

mriffey22 likes this.
  9. mriffey22

mriffey22 Member

I get a little froggy when I’m tired sometimes. :)

pmdoit likes this.
  10. tsveggie

tsveggie Member

I’ve had my cc permit over a decade now Indiana has waved the lifetime ccp fee for residents

If you are an IN resident

GET UR PERMIT

don’t have to buy or own a gun

More permits, the more pro 2A your state appears to be

Gonna get my wife signed up