Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I believe it only took me 2 weeks to get mine in Texas.
Yep I suggest you realize what pmdoit said. You are not the law and using your gun wrongly can end up putting you in jail for a long time.
Even cops have to prove their need to use deadly force as an absolute last option. If a jury or prosecutor believes you had other options or you in any way used deadly force when you didn't have to then you could be going to jail for a long time.

There is no badge comes with a gun permit. Using a gun for deadly force is the absolute last resort to use in any situation. I strongly suggest you remove any bumper or window stickers relating to your having or supporting gun ownership.

I really suggest you look into legal defense plans. I have been a member of ccw safe for a couple of years now. It is better to have and not need it than it is to need it and not have it. Just like having a gun. I hope I never have to pull a gun on anything other than a paper target at a range.

Reactions: pmdoit

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe it only took me 2 weeks to get mine in Texas.
Yep I suggest you realize what pmdoit said. You are not the law and using your gun wrongly can end up putting you in jail for a long time.
Even cops have to prove their need to use deadly force as an absolute last option. If a jury or prosecutor believes you had other options or you in any way used deadly force when you didn't have to then you could be going to jail for a long time.

There is no badge comes with a gun permit. Using a gun for deadly force is the absolute last resort to use in any situation. I strongly suggest you remove any bumper or window stickers relating to your having or supporting gun ownership.

I really suggest you look into legal defense plans. I have been a member of ccw safe for a couple of years now. It is better to have and not need it than it is to need it and not have it. Just like having a gun. I hope I never have to pull a gun on anything other than a paper target at a range.
I’m a member of the NRA, GOA and the USCCA. I also shoot competitively when I have the time in addition to completing multiple defensive handgun and gun smithing classes. I didn’t think I was suggesting that I was approaching this flippantly. If I gave that impression that certainly wasn’t the intention. Thank you for the suggestions.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Sorry I didn't mean to step on your or anyone's toes. Not knowing your background I just put out some information relating to new permit holders. I didn't think for a moment you were being flippant.
I thought about expressing that my comments very possibly were not news to you and I obviously should have.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry I didn't mean to step on your or anyone's toes. Not knowing your background I just put out some information relating to new permit holders. I didn't think for a moment you were being flippant.
I thought about expressing that my comments very possibly were not news to you and I obviously should have.
I get a little froggy when I’m tired sometimes. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I’ve had my cc permit over a decade now Indiana has waved the lifetime ccp fee for residents

If you are an IN resident

GET UR PERMIT

don’t have to buy or own a gun

More permits, the more pro 2A your state appears to be

Gonna get my wife signed up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts