New old member.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by trichey56, Apr 2, 2017.

1. trichey56

trichey56 New Member

After joining this forum a few years ago, I cut back on my digital footprint. I recently got a new device and ran across the RugerTalk app, and downloaded. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed reading threads on my favorite guns.

I own several Rugers, and have CC'd the SR9 and SR1911, but my current CC is the Shield. At a recent Gun Show I fondled, I mean handled, an LC9s. It just felt........right. Noticeable weight difference. How does the recoil compare?

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Welcome back to RT. I bought an LC9s and the recoil didn't really get my attention so I guess the gun handles it fairly well. I don't like brutal recoil and will not shoot one often that causes me pain. I had a PF9 Kel-Tec and I think all around comparison the LC9s comes out on top. It has a very good smooth trigger to top it off. I had an SP101 327 that the recoil with stock grips was hurting for sure. The LC9s is a piece of cake compared to shooting mag loads in the SP101 and the SP is a whole lot heavier even.

3. trichey56

trichey56 New Member

My SP101 . 357 is fun to shoot, the first three cylinders, anyway. May have to add an LC9s to the collection.

4. havasu

havasu In the army now..

We're glad to have you here!

5. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Welcome to our forum. There are a lot of us "older gentlemen" as we like to call ourselves on this forum and there are some wonderful ladies. Much information to be shared and a lot of "leg yanking" and laughing is permitted and encouraged!!!
    Glad to hear you have an SR1911 as I am a .45 cal man myself. I have all the SR1911's including the 9mm so it's nice to see that we have some connection. Do you do any reloading? If so, we will pick your brain until it hurts. VT, Buster, Magnum, Spice and Jim are always picking your brain on something, but never be afraid to ask. There are no silly questions here, however you may get a bunch of silly answers. Glad to have you on board.

Tommy from the land of eternal heat and sand -- Az.

6. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Welcome, glad you returned. :D
    The more the merrier.

:usa:

7. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

8. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

Welcome back to the fold.

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1491233029.810925.jpg

9. trichey56

trichey56 New Member

Tommycourt,
    I don't do any handloading, although I was ready to jump in last October. Then the people spoke, (enough anyway), and I used the cash I had to buy a Blackhawk .357 instead.

10. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Blackhawk 357 was a fine choice, but everyone needs a 45Colt.:D

11. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member

12. trichey56

trichey56 New Member

New addition to my Ruger family.
    ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1491701943.343724.jpg