New Old Fart checking in here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Karl R, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Karl R

Karl R New Member

Hello. I'm Karl, and I'm now a Ruger addict. I'm 72, and have owned literally hundreds of guns over the years. Pretty much gave it all up some years back except for a self defense firearm. Well, now, at my advanced age, I find myself addicted to Ruger handguns. I own four now. Collection can't grow much because of lack of money and space. I go to an indoor range every other week or so, and enjoy the heck out of it. The most fun I can have with my clothes on. Even with my aging eyes, I have been able to return myself to be a very good shooter. Good enough to get the job done anyway. My Rugers are: 1. SP 101 snub in .357/.38. 2. LCP II. 3. New Bearcat shopkeeper 3.5" bbl. 4. Newest is a NIB SR-22 which hasn't been to the range yet. I like to fuss with the guns and all have my personal mods except the SR-22, and parts are already on the way for that one. I'm a happy guy!

pmdoit and quirky like this.
  2. Fireman22

Fireman22 Active Member

Welcome to the Forum.

3. 0311

0311 Member

Welcome from AZ.

4. quirky

quirky Active Member

How-do Mr. Karl, nothing wrong with all that. As we age we seek contentment right.
    I was once into model railroading, still like it but nothing gives me more pleasure and freedom that blasting a few box's at the range.

Welcome aboard, newbie here myself it's a nice little forum here.

Karl R likes this.
  5. pmdoit

pmdoit Member

Hi Karl, welcome aboard. I to am an aging Ruger addict. My collection is up to eight now. It started with the SR-22 then the LCP II, LC9s, GP100 Match Champion .357, GP100 .22, SP101 .357, SP101 .22, and my latest and current favorite The Ruger Mark IV.

6. armbruse

armbruse Member

Welcome, sounds like a great collection.

7. jbardellini

jbardellini Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the forum

8. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.
    Yep I have a few Rugers and they are favorites for sure.

9. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

Welcome from Texas!

10. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member

11. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

Welcome to the forum, what do you plan to do to your SR22? The I only thing I did to mine was add a stainless steel guide rod. Not a real fan of polymer. Did the same thing to my SR9 and Walther PPQ.