Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm sure this has been asked, but I get very confused. I am looking to replace the grips on my New Model Blackhawk .357/.38 9mm convertible. What grips fir this gun? XR3-red XR3? something else? Thanks

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
7,454 Posts
Didn't see any obvious grip name ( XR3 or Red XR3 ) @ the Ruger website...

http://www.ruger.com/products/newModelBlackhawkConvertible/specSheets/0308.html

SO...

===========================

Customer Service - Newport, NH

Service inquires for Shotguns, Revolvers, 22 Charger Pistols and all Rifles except SR-556, SR-762, AR-556, Ruger American Rimfire and PC4/PC9 Carbines.

Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
Customer Service Department

411 Sunapee Street
Newport, NH 03773

Telephone: 336-949-5200 / Fax: 603-863-6165

(Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm ET)

=========================

Customer Service - Prescott, AZ

Service inquires for PC4/PC9 Carbines and all Pistols excluding the 22 Charger Pistol and SR22 Pistol.

Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
Customer Service Department

200 Ruger Road
Prescott, AZ 86301

Telephone: 336-949-5200 / Fax: 928-541-8835

(Monday through Friday 6:00am - 5:00pm MST)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ok, I'm sure this has been asked, but I get very confused. I am looking to replace the grips on my New Model Blackhawk .357/.38 9mm convertible. What grips fir this gun? XR3-red XR3? something else? Thanks
My 1970 Blackhawk has " XR3-RED " cast into the grip frame . Remove the grip panels and see if yours is marked . The New model Blackhawkhas a frame designated as XR00300, it is the same contour as the XR3-RED and grip panels are the same and will fit both .
The older XR3 frame grip panels will not fit.
Usually the maker will indicate the models the grip panels will fit, read carefully and check what your frame is marked. Be carefull when ordering , this gets confusing , if any question call or e-mail supplier.
Gary

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, my New Model Blackhawk has nothing stamped in the grip frame. There is an a 3 digit number engraved that matches the last 3 digits in the serial number. I will assume it is the XR3-RED.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks for the replies, my New Model Blackhawk has nothing stamped in the grip frame. There is an a 3 digit number engraved that matches the last 3 digits in the serial number. I will assume it is the XR3-RED.
You would think they would mark the frame with something to indicate what grips fit....it's not like all the different models and frames are not confusing enough. Good luck in your quest.
Gary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts