New Mini 14 Ranch - What's next?

Discussion in 'Ruger Mini 14' started by GLRflorida, Jun 15, 2014.

1. GLRflorida

GLRflorida New Member

I am a proud new owner of a Mini 14 Ranch..my first rifle. I love the wood stock and will not swap it (for now)...they called me "Clasic" at the gun show after trying to make me go with a tactical or stainless model. Not sure if it was because of the wood stock or my age! Ok...so what comes next? I want to customize a little. Thinking of an Accu-strut or a trigger job.

2. BAMF80

BAMF80 New Member

That's a great gun. I have the mini 14
    But tactical.

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to Rugertalk,
    and grats on the mini 14.

Jim

4. GLRflorida

GLRflorida New Member

Yes...I watched a video on youtube on NutnFancy that showed a gunsmith in Arizona making the changes. I will consider it after putting 200+ rounds through it. Thanks for the advise.

5. GLRflorida

GLRflorida New Member

Yes...I like several tactical stocks. I read the most about the ATI version. I may try one in a few months after getting a good feel with the wood stock.Thanks!

6. KMO

KMO Northern Arizona

A new Mini-14 just looks plain naked without a Mo-Rod & Mo-Reaper setup...;)

[​IMG]

7. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new gun. I like the wood stocks. Like the way they look. But, they do get dinged up if ya use them alot.

8. nortatoga

nortatoga New Member

Boyds gun stocks now make a Tactical and two Thumbhole stocks for the Mini 14