Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new member here. I'm a Navy veteran of 13 years before an injury ended my career. Now I'm just a disabled vet with a huge bass fishing and firearm addiction.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to Rugertalk,

Thanks for the introduction , and joining us.

Thanks for your service.

Jim

·
Banned
5,591 Posts
Thank you for your service to this great country. We have a rule here. If you are an active member of our military or an injured Veteran, we provide you with our premium membership here.

Welcome to the RugerTalk Forum!

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I imagine you will be spending some time here. Enjoy the family here.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Welcome aboard. It is a great forum and the vitriol of some other gun forums does not exist here. Jump into the chatter and enjoy.

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Welcome aboard, many veterans here, make your self at home. Pictures of weapons other than Rugers are welcome here as well.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Welcome to RugerTalk! :welcome:

Thank you for your service!

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Thank you for your service and thank you for joining. Ain't nothing wrong with bass fishing and shooting - they go hand in hand. There are a lot of old vets in here and I think Buster or Jim may be the last of the Civil War vets that we still have. Most are from the Viet Nam era and some are later. Enjoy your stay here and join in on any conversation you feel like. And if you get your legs yanked (a lot of joking and kidding), please remember it's all in fun. Course we don't hit the new guys right away, you can get away with a few conversations before the "yanking" starts. Again :welcome:
Tommy from Az.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ha. I'm pretty used to getting my legs tugged on. Too many years in the military and dealing with the VA to let that kind of thing mush up my corn flakes.

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
I'm a Navy veteran also, though I only could hack it for four years! Welcome to the forum, Mon. I live in shooting and bass fishing paradise. Only about 1/2 mile from Lake Guntersville, in Hollywood Alabama. You need to feed those good addictions you know!

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Gumpy, you're right. I feed those addictions like a fat baby. My gas bill gets pretty ugly when I factor in trips to the range and trips to the lake. I'm in east Texas where Lake Fork is just up the street. Good stuff.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Gumpy,

With all that time on your hands and fishing and shooting high on your agenda, how can you spend so much time on the forum. Over the years (many of them) bass and walleye were my favorite types of fishing. The one thing I did learn was that the lures that were made and companies were overcharging on were the first ones I had to buy. Finally after many, many years the one thing I did learn was: Lures are made to catch the fishermens eye and not the fishes eyes. I had to have every one of them and I never seen a fish in a bait store buying every lure that was first on the market. I wonder how many thousands of dollars I left snagged on a log or stuck under a rock that I never re-covered. At least I got to cast the lure out before I lost it. I once fell off a tree trying to retrieve a lure and hit my little boat spilling half of my lures into the lake. Hundreds of dollars lost to save my $7.00 lure. :eek:verreact::booboo:
Tommy

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Thats fishing for you Tommy. It will make a poor man out of you!
Catchesbass, Lake Fork is an awesome lake. I was lucky enough to be living in Greenville Tx when it opened. I fished it every day the first week it was open. Them was some good days. I was between wives at the time and took full advantage of it!
You're gonna fit in here just fine!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts