New member.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Gast, May 1, 2016.

1. Gast

Gast New Member

Just picked up a regular 10/22 carbine, been about a month and already dropped $600. Into it, I have a feeling this is just the beginning. Thanks in advance for all the input from this community!

2. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Welcome, chances are good you will like it here.

The 10/22 is one of those 'platforms'. You see something similar with the Remington 700, and after a short left oblique with the AR - and even the Hi-Point carbines. The latter two have those rails of course, that beg to have stuff hung on them.

Stay with 'straight up' posts and you will be OK at RT. Provide the slightest indication that your chain is jerkable, and it will be. Enjoy, Gast.

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to RugerTalk Gast,

Thanks for joining.

You sure picked a fine 22 rifle ..in my opinion,
    it is top shelf semi auto .22

Jim

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

VT Don't scare the new guy. Seeing how you were just yanking my leg and acting like you were so serious. We have fun here talking guns and other related things. We kid around all in fun.
    We like pics and your on going gun experiences. Enjoy your time here on RT.

5. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Welcome to the forum! Got pictures of your 10/22? We do like pictures!

6. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

Welcome to R/T. The stuff does get pretty deep around here sometimes, but it's pretty light hearted. And if you have questions dot be afraid to ask. Most of us like to offer our knowledge. (And opinions!) :D

7. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Welcome aboard RT, my Marlin Model 39A is so accurate it is scary. It has a 4 digit serial number and they just don't make them like that anymore.:D

8. Gast

Gast New Member

I like pictures too. ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1462193247.177843.jpg ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1462193303.100708.jpg

9. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

10. Gast

Gast New Member

Kidd bolt and barrel are the next upgrades, then next on the list is a bare receiver to put together another 10/22

11. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Welcome to our forum and I hope you enjoy yourself here. The only thing you can't do is pull Buster's leg cuz he has a bad knee. I pulled it quite a bit hoping it would straighten out, but finally gave up. Everyone here honestly do have a good time goading each other and tugging on their chains so sit back, enjoy and jump right in on any conversation you are comfortable with. Glad you joined us!!!!!

Tommy from the land of the sizzling sun-Az

12. gunnerjacky

gunnerjacky New Member

Welcome to the Ruger community, Gast. I wish you have a wonderful stay with us. If you want to know about gun licenses, firearms safety training then you're most welcome to my website. However, you will get your answers by gun experts in this forum here itself. By the way, congratulation for 10/20 :)

13. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the R/T !!

14. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

:welcome:
    Welcome from Texas near Houston.
    Seems like 10/22's are never ending projects. Nice rifles you got there. :D