Discussion in 'Introductions' started by StandingBear, Nov 8, 2015.

1. StandingBear

StandingBear New Member

Hello to all. Just got our first Rugers. SP101's. A 2 1/4 in .38 for the lady and a 3" in .357 for me. Unfortunately, the .38 is on it's way back to the mothership. I didn't discover that the cylinder doesn't lock up when spun to the right at the store. My bad. The 3" is fine. We plan on doing springs and Houge grips on them both. Really appreciated the discussions on spring weights. Thanks to all.

2. havasu

havasu In the army now..

Welcome to R/T!

3. StandingBear

StandingBear New Member

Thanks Havasu.
    We'd be bummed but I've always heard that Ruger's customer service is first rate.

4. jstanfield103

jstanfield103 Member

Welcome to the Forum and to Ruger's. You will get the SP back before you know it. Just call Ruger and they will have it picked up.
    Good Luck.

5. StandingBear

StandingBear New Member

Jstandfield103:
    Thanx for the welcome. It's already on it's way. Tracking says it will be there tomorrow.

6. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Hey Standingbear,

Welcome to Rugertalk, and thank you for joining.

You will find a bunch of good folks here.

Jim

7. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum and be sure you and your wife give your all around experience shooting the guns when you get a chance. I am betting you will be shooting more 38 than 357 out of yours. Is her 38 rated also to shoot 38+P? I have a bunch of boxes of 38 special but only a couple boxes of 357 mag which I just use for CC self defense.

8. StandingBear

StandingBear New Member

Thanx Buster for your nice reply. Both are rated +p in .38 and you're right in suggesting we'll be using .38's at the range. Hers will most likely live on her night stand for home defense. She hasn't gotten her CCW permit as of yet. My EDC is a Glock 19 or 26 depending on seasonal requirements. I have a Gunsite Scout which I love but my main interests are military style 'black guns". AR's, Tavor , Scar17 etc. SHTF stuff. Thank you again for your welcome to the forum.

BTW Does any one know of a pre-drilled tritium front sight for the 101?

9. StandingBear

StandingBear New Member

Hey Phideaux:

Just noticed your location is western Kentucky. Truly love that part of the country. One of my favorite songs is John Prine's "Paradise". It talks about him growing up there. If you haven't heard it, check it out on Youtube.

10. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Welcome to the forum!

11. jbardellini

jbardellini Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the forum