Discussion in 'Introductions' started by hodge, May 2, 2015.

1. hodge

hodge New Member

My name is hodge, and I am fairly new to Ruger firearms. I have been a Sig Sauer fan for some time, and have owned many models. They are fine guns; I am not a snob, though. I do appreciate many different brands.

I will admit that until recently, Ruger handguns didn't really appeal to me. I am an aesthetic person, and I preferred a Sig Sauer (not all models, but many of them) for looks and quality.

I decided, around Fall of last year, to look at an AR. A close friend works at my favorite gun shop, and he told me to pay close attention to the Ruger AR-556. I did, because I trusted his opinion, and my journey in learning had to start somewhere. I spent some time online soaking up what I could, and realized that the AR-556 offered a lot of value. So, I bought one, which I have thoroughly enjoyed.

I've had a Sig Sauer 1911 (Ultra Two-Tone) in the past, which I really liked. As my tastes have matured, I gravitated from SA/DA pistols back to 1911's. I just prefer them.

So, I started searching. It didn't take long for the SR1911 to get my attention, and I narrowed my search down to the Ruger or a Sig Nightmare Carry. I chose the Ruger, which I bought today. I am extremely pleased with my choice, and my appreciation for Rugers has gone up another notch.

So, that's what brought me here. I am very active on Sigtalk, and look forward to learning from the Ruger community.

2. hodge

hodge New Member

Duh- I left out pertinent information. I bought an SR1911 Commander with alloy frame. I really liked the stainless frame model, but the lower weight sold me. I haven't shot it yet (just brought it home an hour ago, and haven't learned, cleaned, or lubed it yet).

3. havasu

havasu In the army now..

Welcome to R/T!

4. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Weelcome to RugerTalk,

Thanks for joining.

Jim

5. jmohme

jmohme Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard!

6. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Welcome to the forum!

7. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I took all the discussion about lubes , and ran them into a new thread about lubes for more exposure.

Again I Welcome Hodge to RugerTalk.

Jim

8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the R/T hodge !!

9. NoWin

NoWin New Member

Hello from Massachusetts!

10. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! Glad to have you! :)

11. Vanousb

Vanousb New Member

Welcome. Rather new myself, but suddenly hunting down rugers. Not telling the wife yet how many I am looking at. Haha