Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I just joined this forum because I bought a SP101 .357 magnum today. I haven't owned a handgun in 25 years. I have hunted since I was 12. I'm 51 now. I own various rifles and shotguns. Spent 20 years in the military and carried a Beretta M9 9mm my last year. Impatiently waiting for my concealed carry permit to be ready to pick up. Can't wait to hit the range and launch some lead.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I moved your post to introduction section.
Thanks for joining. You picked a really good gun for your new handgun. The SP101 is built like a tank but sure is prettier.
There are many here that have an SP101 that can fill you in on improving the trigger action if you so desire. I will say shooting 357 mag loads is a handful with the stock grips. I had an SP101 327 and the stock grips got replaced with Hogue tamers real quick.
When you get time to shoot it give us your review pro/con of it. We like pics here also.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Welcome to RugerTalk!
:welcome:

I got to play with an sp101 this fall. It can be quite the handful with the factory grips like Buster said!

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Welcome to R.T. and congratulations!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Welcome! I agree the Hogue tamers work well on the SP101, but I prefer the Pachmayr "broom handle" grips since they're more compact. They absorb .357 recoil as well as you could want.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to Rugertalk,

:welcome:

Jim

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
:welcome: From Texas :tiphat:
We had an SP101 in the family a few years ago. I liked the standard grips.
But, what works for me might not work for the next guy......

:GadsdenFlag:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts