Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the Clemson area of SC and got my first Ruger last week - a Mark IV Standard. I've shot a Beretta PX4 which I traded for a Sig P320 which is great but I wanted something for target shooting that wouldn't break the bank to shoot 150-200 rounds every week or two and the Mark IV got really high marks. Out of the box it shot well but I had a jam due to the fact that I didn't clean and lube it first. Anyway, I'm looking forward to learning more about my pistol on this forum.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great people on here that will assist you in anyway possible. And thank you for joining.

Tommy from the land of eternal sand and desert..............Az.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to Rugertalk, from West Ky,

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Hi again, George. I predict you will like this place. I bought a Mark IV recently too. Ruger has finally engineered their way out of the field strip jungle with the Mark IV, and learned the lesson that S&W taught: set screws will 'unset'. The Standard is a heck of a nice plinker. Which version did you get?

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Welcome to RT from Tucson, Az. Some 22pistols are finicky to ammo. You might try a 50 round box of different brands to see what it likes best. Most of my 22's prefer CCI.:cool:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi again, George. I predict you will like this place. I bought a Mark IV recently too. Ruger has finally engineered their way out of the field strip jungle with the Mark IV, and learned the lesson that S&W taught: set screws will 'unset'. The Standard is a heck of a nice plinker. Which version did you get?
Mine is the Standard also.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Welcome to RT and show some target pics under the range day post. No doubt you will be able to shoot a lot more since you now have the MKIV 22lr.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Welcome to RugerTalk!
:welcome:

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Welcome from Texas George :tiphat:

Hum, trade a Beretta for a Sig..... That was a smooth move! (IMHO) Lol

That MKIV should make for a fine little target plinker.
I stopped myself from buying one just yesterday at a gun show when nobody had what I was looking for.

Congrats. :Cooltu: You did good.

:usa:

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Ruger Mark IV Standard pistol.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Welcome to the forums from Illinois. I was born in a hospital in SC that no longer exists.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Welcome aboard.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts