Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to Rugertalk from (not too far away) West Ky,

Thanks for joining us,

Jim

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Welcome from the land of eternal desert and sand, oh, and sometimes it gets hot. You couldn't have picked a better forum to join. Lotsa good gals and guys on here with a lot of info to be shared.

Tommy........................Az.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Welcome to RT and we hope you jump right in an contribute to the chatter.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Welcome to RT, Haw. Lots of good and knowledgeable folks here; even the moderators ain't too ornery. Jump in and jaw.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
VT,
I take exception to that statement......I'm always horney.

Jim

·
Registered
992 Posts
VT,

Jim
What the???!!!???

Haw, you are about to witness the time honored tradition known as "leg pulling", that certain ruffians participate in from time to time on RT. It is harmless but may require you to get some physical therapy in order to walk straight after you have had your leg yanked.:D

P.S. Look out for members "Tommy" and "VT". They are ruthless! Be prepared and watch your six!:duck:;)

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
VT,

Jim
Which goes some way toward understanding the success of your marriage. However I never suggested that you were not horney - or ornery; it's a matter of degree. Some degree of orneriness must attach to a man who gets pleasantly excited (that's a circumlocution) about shooting a BFR in 45-70.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

·
Registered
992 Posts
Which goes some way toward understanding the success of your marriage. However I never suggested that you were not horney - or ornery; it's a matter of degree. Some degree of orneriness must attach to a man who gets pleasantly excited (that's a circumlocution) about shooting a BFR in 45-70.
Circumlo-what???:confused: VT you just went waaaaaaay over my pay grade with that one!;)

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Circumlo-what???:confused: VT you just went waaaaaaay over my pay grade with that one!;)
Spike, I picked that one up when I was working in South Korea, in '88. It means, approximately, 'talking around the subject'. The colloquialism is 'beating around the bush'. It describes the way South Korean, and apparently other Southeast Asian businessmen & politicians, conduct negotiations. It avoids what they would consider 'being pushy'.

In Phaedaux's case, I was hinting at a condition arising from his previous assertions.

:cool:

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
and...I simply had a mental spelling typo....:D

Jim

1 - 20 of 26 Posts