Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a variety of handguns over the years including Ruger, Walther, Smith & Wesson, Remington, and others. Recently I have scaled back to only having only Rugers: LC9s, LC9s, and recent purchase of a Security Compact. I liked the fact that the Security 9 Compact can accommodate the 15 round magazine of the larger model. When it comes to home defense more in the gun is better. I will use two 10 round mags for carry.

I have both PA and AZ permits so I can CC in 37 states. I do not care to go to the ones I cannot carry in. I learned to shoot in the Marine Corps where I served for 10 years. I will be 79 in late April, and have good fortune of having good health.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I will be 79 in late April, and have good fortune of having good health.

Wow, is that cool or what. We have at least two members onboard who are in their 80's and one is mid 80's I do believe. Sharp as a tack they are and still enjoy plinking away.
Keep up the good work and welcome to greatest gun forum on the planet.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Welcome from the great state of Texas. At least it’s still great but the fruits and nuts from California are trying to change it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome from the great state of Texas. At least it’s still great but the fruits and nuts from California are trying to change it.
inhave always wondered whether or not there was some chemical in the drinking water I’d CA that would explain why the”fruits and nuts” are so abundant.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have had a variety of handguns over the years including Ruger, Walther, Smith & Wesson, Remington, and others. Recently I have scaled back to only having only Rugers: LC9s, LC9s, and recent purchase of a Security Compact. I liked the fact that the Security 9 Compact can accommodate the 15 round magazine of the larger model. When it comes to home defense more in the gun is better. I will use two 10 round mags for carry.

I have both PA and AZ permits so I can CC in 37 states. I do not care to go to the ones I cannot carry in. I learned to shoot in the Marine Corps where I served for 10 years. I will be 79 in late April, and have good fortune of having good health.
Welcome aboard , I think the Ruger LC9s & Security 9 Compact is a great choice and the 10 round mags for the commie states that require no more than 10 rounds for this reason I purchase 4 10 round mags for my EDC Springfield Armory Hell Cat , I am now looking hard a the New Ruger MAX-9 micro compact 9mm Pistol to match my EDC Backup LCPII .22 LR pistol they both look alike ,I just may carry the Ruger MAX-9 as a back up to my Hell Cat 9mm or vis - a - versa. Thank you for your service in the USMC ,I Retired from the U.S.Army 82nd Airborne Division in 1991 just after the Gulf War serving as an Airborne Infantryman , I am also Retired LEO .

·
Registered
Ruger 57, (2021) Redhawk .44 mag, EC9s, Ruger .44mag carbine, .Single six .22Mag (1963, first Ruger,
10 Posts
Wow, is that cool or what. We have at least two members onboard who are in their 80's and one is mid 80's I do believe. Sharp as a tack they are and still enjoy plinking away.
Keep up the good work and welcome to greatest gun forum on the planet.
Welcome from Florida. I'm a recently new member also. Here is my Ruger story, may be a little long, but if you are a Ruger enthusiast I think you will enjoy it. I purchased my first Rger in 1962, a Single Six .22 magnum 6" brl, from a retired local police officer. Sometime around 1966 Ruger introduced the Single Six Convertible. I contacted Ruger and they sent a mailing package for me to send it to them. I was in The Air Force at the time, (Langley AFB, Va) So I sent it. They kept my gun for about 8 weeks, I was getting a little worried. Finally it arrived, I picked it up at the base Post Office and there was a $14 charge, which I paid and took to my office. I opened the box and I was shocked. The gun looked brand new, had the new cylinder in a red cloth bag, my original plastic grips were in a rubber band , the gun had new wooden grips. When I sent it it had worn bluing on the barrel from the holster, the grip frame was faded and worn marks. I firmly believe this was a new gun. I told so many people about this. One day I was talking with a Colonel that I had many conversations with about hunting and guns, he told me he knew Bill Ruger, and he heard of this before. He said it is just part of there PR. I still have the Single Six, I also have a Redhawk .44, EC9s 9mm, Ruger .44 magnum Carbine, recently purchased Ruger 57, and a Max9 on order. I'll be 74 in Oct. as long as i can squeeze a trigger I will have a Ruger

·
Registered
575 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Welcome from Florida.
Thank you for serving our country. Semper Fi and Ooo Rahh!!
My Army infantry brigade in Vietnam was on loan to the Marines, came under command and control of the 3rd Marine Div and we operated together along the DMZ.
I'm still a young pup, only 72.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome from Florida.
Thank you for serving our country. Semper Fi and Ooo Rahh!!
My Army infantry brigade in Vietnam was on loan to the Marines, came under command and control of the 3rd Marine Div and we operated together along the DMZ.
I'm still a young pup, only 72.
We are blood brothers so to speak. My two tours were with the 3rd Marines operating out of Chu Lai. The fight that retired me Hue City in ‘68. I wanted to be a lifer. Oh well, life moves on. We did a lot of combined operations with the Army. Only difference between combat Soldiers and Marines is that Marines depend on then Navy for transport, medical, and religious support. I will be 79 on 4/27. So “young pup” Semper Fi back at you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts